• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding & temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
I joined Team 32 today and my rig is Folding as I type. Various cores are being cycled and my temps via CoreTemp64 are pretty stable at 37-38deg C. High temp @ 44deg C. My hardware in my signature.

Does this look about normal? I idle @ 30-32deg C.:D

Are you overclocked? If you are overclocked with those temps, you are set, I would say.

If you are not overclocked, I'd still say your safe (and you have some room to play around with ;) ), as AMD chips tend to wig out and become unstable above 55C. That is a bit on the warm side if you are running stock clocks, especially with an aftermarket cooler.

A very slight OC, not worth mentioning. I'd OC'd to 3.8Ghz stable @ 41degC with an air cooler (4 heat pipes) prior to replacing with the H60 and resetting for F@H. Wanting to test the water. But didn't burn in with any stability testing. My bad.

Overnight my log shows minimum temp of 34degC, max @ 40degC, cycling at 50% load. Ambient is 23deg C. It looks appealing to me to go ahead and ramp up the OC at this point.

OK. I'm running a mild OC at 3.867Ghz, temps steady @ 43.3degC, cores averaging 25% usage during F@H mostly. All for 48 hrs excepting during a few minutes each during the thunderstorms/power outages.

Sound about right to you long term folders?

I haven't run an AMD setup in a year or so, but those temps sound good to go with me. You are keeping core temps well below the 55 C mark, which is the important figure to keep under from what I've heard and read with AMD procs.

Back