• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fondest video game memories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well the first game I ever played was the Legend of Zelda for NES. I remember my friend and I would just play that all day and we beat it eventually. Those were some of my best memories of gaming that and getting my first computer game, Need For Speed, and I would play that for hours when I was just a little kid. Those were some good times I think I'm going to go play some NFS: MW now.

Lots of good games out there but if i had to pick a few, RTCW, GR and HL1 would be high in the rankings as would be C&C, RA2 and R:TW.

Wow so many good memories:

Frogger on 5 1/4" floppy

Strip Poker and Leisure Suite Larry at my neighbor's color screen computer.

Doom 3 1/2" shareware floppy, I almost @&@%ed myself when I ran into the pinky demon.

Seeing a Game Gear for the first time and eventually buying my own.

Red Alert skirmish with the computer...it was about 6 hours of tesla coil building until I bombed his base into oblivion.

Total Annihilation seeing a plane do a corkscrew midair, I knew 3D RTS was here to stay.

Quake 1,2,3 because they shaped me into a multiplayer FPS multiplayer addict.

Killer Instinct combos

Warcraft 2 multiplayer over my first modem!

Super Mario Kart, I played battle mode against my sister about a thousand times.

- Nintendo: Mario 1 and 3, playing faxanadu for hours but never really getting anywhere, and Blastermaster.

- the old Tandy 486: obsessively playing Wacky Races, Microsoft Flight Sim 5.0, and Star Wars Tie Fighter

At this point my parents bought a pentium 233 (kingston overdrive chip ha) which I was stuck using for years. I spent alot of time on Gemstone III (text-based RPG with Prodigy access ... lol!), and Duke Nukem 3D took up more of my time than I'd like to admit.
Final Fantasy VII was very fun, but I spent alot more time playing Final Fantasy I, II, and III/VI in the long run.

I still play both the Quest for Glory and Leisure Suit Larry series today.

When I finally got a pre-built system and then later upgraded in waves I started playing various games, but I've stuck with Morrowind and KOTOR far longer than others.

Many many late nights of CS: beta, and 150 kills/frags in 20 minutes in Quake 2 on a LAN game at college.

The days when I was good at FPS... memories :p

Spending my lunch money on Street Fighter 2 when it first appeared at the local 711. :attn:

I remember when I was in elementry school, I pwned the hell out of the class and beat oregon trail in 2 hours :D

But I remember the first time I played Doom, man I thought that game was so damn creepy, but I was 8 years old at the time :D

And the first time I played Clive Barker's Undying, woah, talk about an immersive game, I loved that game.

And spending hours and hours and hours playing Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2.

Ever heard of Zork I? The first game I ever played on a personal computer back when I was in college in the early 80's (before that it was good ol' Pong or Atari or even Mastermind on my HP calculator). Anyhow, Zork was by today's standards a simple text adventure game, but back then it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... those were the days when you had to use your imagination :cool:

The Zork series are available for download on the original publisher's website. They are all freeware now :)

If anyone isn't familiar with these games, be sure to check them out - the graphics are AWESOME! lol!

oh mine goes back in time, when computers were still 100mhz or so. i was at a friends house and he just got a computer, and the game we played was imperialism. we stayed up all night without even realizing that we were so hooked.

and staying up all night and day to beat zelda: oot, i'll never forget that winter break lol

Ok, im 12 but i do know my retro;
Fragging X-Fire on Halo (hes the freaking best)
Playing nightfire on PS2 And we did the cardboard thingy also, damn, i loved being odjobb on sniper mode
Tread Marks was my first on-liner and my first ever game was Crash Bandicoot 1 on PS1 I loved Donkey Cong, Beating Super Mario2 and Super Mario Cart on SNES (with an old friend). I also loved Lego Island on my old 500mhz Time PC (my feet are resting on it, it was like the fastest Windoze 98 system for ages.)

threeme2189 said:
omg i totally forgot Monkey Island!!!!!!!!! that game is just so funny and its pretty tough too.
monkey island 2 is good too but its much too hard.
anyone here ever play "Full Throttle"? that game rocks!!!!!
What other game has fluffy pink bunnies hopping across a minefield? Full Throttle rules, I even bought the album that they got the soundtrack, by the Gone Jackals, some Cali biker gang :D Monkey Island 3 was the first one I played and it was also awesome. So many good Lucasarts games...Day of the Tentacle was probably the one I played most.

Sonic 1, when i was like 2 (when it came out).. i remember working out how to not get hit by robotnik on the 3rd level before my dad did LOL it was excellent.

Careface*

Back