• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For a little bit of nostalgia, a REAL CYBER DEAL. $209 X850XT PE PCI-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__TRONIK__

not REALLY an X850XT PE, but a sapphire X800GT02, which has a 100% flash success rate to X850XT PE so far. Crossfire compatible.

NO before anyone asks, there are not other unlockable cards among the other X800GT's, or RX's.

Only one place has em right now

Allstarshop

and here is info on the mod

GTO2 bios unlock

Now THIS is the kind of stuff we need to see around here more often. If I see another "find me a deal on" I am going to scream. This forum used to rock for finding killer deals. We can make it that again.

Let me show you how to get in the spirit some more.
FOr those of you that benchmark, you need some high speed low latency ram, prefferably 2x256mb, so that you can clock it as high as possible.

This is the stuff for you:
geil one

BH5 chips with silly default timings of 1.5-2-2-5 at ddr400 and 2-2-2-5 at ddr500. I have gotten these up over ddr 540 at 2-2-2-5, anf I KNOW they go higher, but hte very hot IC's of the DFI start to kick errors in memtest after a few clean runs of test #5 as the IC's heat up. On one of the next gen NF4 or ATI chipsets, I expect them to go even higher. A steal at $77.

Welcome back to the REAL cyber deals people. Let's make it hop again. :santa:

great find on video card !!

i only wish 512mb was alot of memory or i would buy some in a heart beat !!
by chance know of a killer 2gb set ? :)

yeah, the crucial ballistic 2x1gb set is the current hotness in 2gb. For ddr500 speeds anyway. I have also seen good results with 4x512mb of mushkin redline. I personally use 4x512 of Ch-5 UTT in my gaming/nonbenchmarking configuration. If you have a venice/san diego core that is not a big deal. I would not advise it for winnie or earlier.

sweet find __TRONIK__ any forum chat about this? I'd like to see what others are saying about this mod. Do you have one?

ok..... read the stuff at techpowerup. W1zzard, seems to think highly of this card and I trust him..... I might have to take the plunge.

dang $220 shipped.. ill havta ponder if i should sell my pro and buy this! lol

Dont. Your card(s) are still better. Look at the review given, these are speed binned R480s. You will not get even close to what an XT will clock to.

Sentential said:
Dont. Your card(s) are still better. Look at the review given, these are speed binned R480s. You will not get even close to what an XT will clock to.
actually the only person to post on this card at techpowerup has his card stable at 600/600 with the flash. This could turn out to be an awesome deal.

HousERaT said:
actually the only person to post on this card at techpowerup has his card stable at 600/600 with the flash. This could turn out to be an awesome deal.
EDIT: What review :confused:

Techpowerup says:

In our tests we could go from the standard clocks of 400 Mhz core and 490 Mhz memory, to the XT PE speeds of 540 Mhz core and 590 MHz memory (actually a bit more).However, not every card might overclock as well, but all of them should be able to run at the XT speeds of 520 MHz / 540 MHz, probably more on the memory, since it's Samsung 1.6.

And Allstarshop says:

It is a X850XT PE at 200! With the factory default setting (mem:493mhz vpu:400mhz), it scores only 4375 on 3DMark05. With the included Trixx, I overclocked the memory to 573.94, VPU to 491.46. It scores 5094 at 3Dmark05. pretty good. I downloaded a BIOS from http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/127/3 The BIOS opens up the additional 4 pipelines (it is now 16 pipelines). I am getting 5576! It is stable, no artifact! It scores higher than X850PRO, X800XTPE. My roommate's X850XT PE scores 5788. He spent almost $500. Absolutly Amazing

You are more than welcome to try but I wouldnt reccomend jumping on this quite yet. There is *always* a reason why these are GTO2s and *not* XTs :)

__TRONIK__ said:
not REALLY an X850XT PE, but a sapphire X800GT02, which has a 100% flash success rate to X850XT PE so far. Crossfire compatible.
Crossfire compatible i cant find where it says that any where, also dont you need a crossfire master card + crossfire ready mobo + any other Xseries card? Im waiting for crossfire yet i cant find much info about it besides from ati's site this would be a steal if i dont need a "master card"

__TRONIK__ said:
This is the stuff for you:
geil one

BH5 chips with silly default timings of 1.5-2-2-5 at ddr400 and 2-2-2-5 at ddr500. I have gotten these up over ddr 540 at 2-2-2-5, anf I KNOW they go higher, but hte very hot IC's of the DFI start to kick errors in memtest after a few clean runs of test #5 as the IC's heat up. On one of the next gen NF4 or ATI chipsets, I expect them to go even higher. A steal at $77.

Welcome back to the REAL cyber deals people. Let's make it hop again. :santa:

It wouldnt surprise me if they were not BH chips and Geil is on my ***** list for selling fake silver thermal paste. If they will lie about their silver thermal paste, you should wonder whats under the Geil memory heatspreader ;)

Silversink! I am surprised at you!

Your statement is pretty off base in a couple regards. First, it may well be that geil has a dubious thermal paste - this does not really concern me. I will never be looking to purchase geil thermal paste, not with arctic silver so cheap. and hey, geil threw in a tube with my ram. I'm sure it will suffice for ramsinks at least. But what surprises me is that you think poor paste makes this a poor company. OCZ had the same issue, but they are among the overclockers best friends.

And not bh5 chips? are you mad? so what else is under these spreaders that does cas1.5 at 2.6v? or over ddr540 cas2? If they aren't bh5, then they are better, and you would SILL want these sticks.
/What's up silversink?

and to answer a couple questions, no, this will not be agp. you can get it nowhere else but sapphire.

Of course it is crossfire ready -- it is an r480 on xt pcb and will have the same bios. Remember the 6800le? yeah, same thing.

And there probably is a reason they are not selling these as xt's.

Like for example they have a ton of them, and they are not going to fly off the shelves quite so fast after an entire new range of ati cards are coming out within weeks. It also creates some buzz, while ati is getting kicked in the ribs.

__TRONIK__ said:
Silversink! I am surprised at you!

Your statement is pretty off base in a couple regards. First, it may well be that geil has a dubious thermal paste - this does not really concern me. I will never be looking to purchase geil thermal paste, not with arctic silver so cheap. and hey, geil threw in a tube with my ram. I'm sure it will suffice for ramsinks at least. But what surprises me is that you think poor paste makes this a poor company. OCZ had the same issue, but they are among the overclockers best friends.

And not bh5 chips? are you mad? so what else is under these spreaders that does cas1.5 at 2.6v? or over ddr540 cas2? If they aren't bh5, then they are better, and you would SILL want these sticks.
/What's up silversink?

Off base huh? I guess my numerous calls to Geil where they told me they really don't sell this paste was a lie, its sold at Newegg (Where I bought it).
I guess I am off base because both Geil USA and Geil Taiwan refuse to give me further info especially the required by law MSDS for this product, because they are hiding something. I guess I am off base for spending my time and money calling Taiwan and Geil USA to get answers.

As far as the memory, until you remove the heatspreader, you do not know what memory chips they are using, so don't give me a speech asking me what's up and about how wrong I might be. At least I investigate matters. With that said I am glad you got good performing sticks, others may not recieve the same results when your dealing with a company with questionable products and one that refuses to tell the truth.

Back