• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For the pin modders!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC Detective said:
This weblink is the definitive guide to pin modding your cpu so you can hardwire you cpu whether it is a Pally, Tbred or Barton to any given multi.

Minor correction...not for Palominos cause the open L1 bridges prevent the reset signals from connecting to the Multiplier signal busses...you have to close the L1s, then the pin mods will work.

Also, consider this....there is no info about which pair of pins affects the 5 Bit Values...and no info on which pins connect to Ground/for a LO and which to Vcore/ for a HI.
So user is obliged to do "all 5 pairs" of pin mods, lots of work. Whereas with the bridges painting guide users can compare their CPU's default open/closed bridge settings to what the bridges guide shows and then only mod the 1 or 2 bridges that "need" to be changed.
John C.

Is there a proven technique for wrapping the wire around the pins? I found it almost impossible.

OK! OK!
There are actually three ways to do this. You can wrap wires around the pins, connect the pins on the back of the motherboard or put very small wires in the holes where the pins go into the motherboard. I tried the wires around the pins without success, too small to see. I am now going to try small wires into the holes. It seems to be the best way.

Try dropping a U shape piece of wire into the socket holes instead. Another way if you have access to the back of your mobo is to paint a conductive bridge between the socket's pins.

Edit - you beat me to your own question. :)

Back