• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Nav:Go R7 1800x +20° of temp reading!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FriX

I've read some news for the 1800x and 1700x
AMD has add 20° in the temp reading for these processor (for some reasons...)
What i'm asking is : "ok so if I run an 1800x at 80° it still running at 60° no problem ... but it means that it thermal throttle at 90 in any case?
or the thermal throttling is over 100° "(for the +20* adding in the reading)
Because in the first case ...overclocking is pretty ... meh
I hope that i've explain correctly my point
I'm sure that some one can answere me about this , i really want to build a pc with an 1800x but if there is that "problem" is better to buy a 1700 a bit less perfomance but i can overlock how i want without fearing thermal throttling , temperatures are accurated and a very less price

It'll throttle at 100 regardless. The Ryzen can run higher temps though. 80-90 is fine. Yes there is a 20° offset.

It'll throttle at 100 regardless. The Ryzen can run higher temps though. 80-90 is fine. Yes there is a 20° offset.

So basically it trottle at 80 "real" degrees
In full load or gaming in ultra can reach the throttle with an oc of 4 ghz with a good cooler?

and just a little question 1700 throttles at 100 or 80 degrees ?(i'm asking because he report the real temp without the 20° offset)

A little confusing but I think the real question you may be asking FriX is: Does this 20c offset add apply only to the 1700x and 1800x or would it also apply to the non x models?

This also suggests that the early on assessment of Ryzen that they were cool running CPUs and not oveclock limited by thermals needs to be reevaluated.

These CPUs are not heating up much so if you have good cooler then you won't see any throttling. On ambient temps and 1.4V, CPU won't pass 80°C on average AIO or better air cooler.

Back