• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

found a way of getting over 200 fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all

found a way of getting over 200 fsb .........which i was stuck at for ages ......just changed north bridge glup to as3 .....
anyway ....................

how far can i take this board now im @218 and stable.....but will the board not give in ? will it show anything before it goes pop ? ? or will i just turn it off and it will not boot back up ?

anyone pls
thanx as always andy :)

I'm surprised that changing the TIM made that much of a difference. Usually, people have to stick active cooling as well as vdd mod their board to get up to 218MHz. Anyway, if you crank it too high, it won't POST and you'll just have to reset the CMOS.

~THT

it won't pop...

won't post, cold boot should fix that, it will reset bios settings... if that doesn't work cmos clearing should do it for sure...

How much pc3500 you running ? It matters because you get different results with the amont you stick in. Also may sound nuts but 2 volts and active cooling (water) north/south on vdd can yeild 230+ (460fsb) . If your getting that high on those timings loose them up some you could hit mid 450fsb im sure or darn close and don't be scared to crank the voltage as even 2.9 is safe on good memory. Try vdimm mod for up to3.1. Just suggesting not to be taken without caution in the wind lol what are we normal computer users or true overclockers ?

I read that most modern memory has a built in voltage regulator, so that even if the vdim voltage is high or running on a voltmodded board, it will see only the spec voltage. So is there any situation where doing a vdim volt mod will improve performance?

login211 said:
it won't pop...

won't post, cold boot should fix that, it will reset bios settings... if that doesn't work cmos clearing should do it for sure...

say cmos clear will not do it will cold boot work...if so what is it :)

"So is there any situation where doing a vdim volt mod will improve performance?" I've heard people using twinmos use 3.1 volts to get the stuff running fast (c2700)to past pc3200 fairly easy but personally i have used my Corsair pc3500 up to 3.1 and it gets hot so i think it has no voltage regulation on it but I,m seeing that on OCZ ram and others. As far as stability it helps a few mhz on the bus. Finding if its the ram and not the chipset is not easy but you can pretty much notice the outer edge of your sweetspot on the bus when you start get error and your system exits games. Increase either you chip voltage and if it does nothing to help then go back to your FSB turn it down a few and then if thats not helping go for the memory voltage. Overall its a pain but you'll discover whats holding you back. Keep an eye on your temps to as i find it makes an incredible difference. Late night i can run like hell upper 2450mhz and higher bus and in a hot day slower than 2350mhz. I used to think it was my settings but later i found its nothing but temp related.

spiritedandy, try taking the battery out for a few minutes and then stick it back in if you can't boot after clearing cmos it happen to me on a rev1.04 and i was going to RMA it and later figured why not take the battery out. It worked. REV2.0 has a recovery and simple resets to a kinda of safe mode, 1.04 does not or atleast with the bios i was using.

nope done all that left it over nite as well ........rma in the end and just got my new board a revision 2.0 as well:)

Back