• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fourth nForce2 that can post all multipliers found

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's nice we have owners of both posting.

Quailane, what version of Shuttle nForce2 do you have, with which CPUs does it not post all multipliers on which version of BIOS?

Does it post only low range (12.5 & lower)....?

Just did the L12 mod on my KX18D. Now the 10 and 10.5 multis are usable, and its stable at high FSB. currently running at 10.5x233. Havent found max post FSB yet, but it boots windows fine at 238fsb. I think my Geil value DDR 400 starts flaking out then though :(

c627627 said:
Just a clarification, this is about factory unlocked CPUs. Palominos have never been factory unlocked and cannot be 'unlocked' by any motherboard.

Hmmm I was pretty sure there were some unlocked XP1600 AGOIA and AGOGAs around for a while. There were also unlocked Palomino MPs IRC there was a bit of a craze for those before the bridges were figured out, and before the later unlocked XP1600s

No palominos were ever unlocked by default they all required the L1 bridges to be closed. Those XP1600's you referred to were all unlocked by the user

Back