• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn A79A-S 790FX/SB750: Need help with PCI-E Config

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Treepeeper

Registered
[Foxconn - A79A-S with 790FX chipset and SB750 Southbridge]

I'm trying to get the bios settings right for my 4870x2. In the bios under Advanced Chipset Features there is a section for PCI Express Configuration. Can anyone help me set this up properly? There are options I know nothing about and a Power Limit option that is by default set to 75W.

If anyone has done this or knows how to, your input would be greatly appreciated.

[Foxconn - A79A-S with 790FX chipset and SB750 Southbridge]

I'm trying to get the bios settings right for my 4870x2. In the bios under Advanced Chipset Features there is a section for PCI Express Configuration. Can anyone help me set this up properly? There are options I know nothing about and a Power Limit option that is by default set to 75W.

If anyone has done this or knows how to, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there..

The Power setting refer to the electrical power provided to the PCI-E slot via the motherboard, you should be fine to leave it at the default 75W.

As for the rest of the PCI-E config, make sure that you have the slot enabled as Gen 2.0 and Link Width X16, and you should be good to go...

I've not used the A79A-S mobo so am not familiar with the BIOS terminology used by Foxconn, but it should be pretty standard, if theres anything esle your unsure of post the details..

kaz_girls right.

Set the PCIe slot width to Slot 1 - 1x16 for your GPU (the first option) and the P-P GFX/GFX2 option to Disabled. Max the GPP power option for PCIe Slot to 75W.

Thats all I can remember being in the BIOS under the RAM timings section.

Can anyone help me out setting the bios for 2 Sapphire 4870s in CFX?

I am running the mobo with the latest bios installed (P7) and Radeon drivers 9.3 for WinXP (SP3). I've tried slots 1 & 2, and slots 1 & 4 with the 100mm CFX bridges. I've used 2 CFX bridges in each instance. The 2nd card always shows up as "Disabled" in CCC, and not "Linked". The only other notable item is that one of the cards is 1 GB while the other is 512 MB, but I have the 1 GB installed as the primary, which just "dumbs down" to 512 MB in CCC.

I am at wits end and getting ready to call it quits. I am guessing I must be doing something wrong in the bios settings.

Back