• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPS drops in game - Overclock issue? GPU? Unsure :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do apologise for not replying sooner. I've been quite busy, but I'm here and I do still appreciate your efforts. I haven't had a chance to do much since we last spoke.

I have ran a Prime95 for hours with no trouble, so I'm confident my overclock is stable. I did a memtest which took ages and it's stable. I ran the doughnut gpu stress tester thing (I forget it's name right now) for ages, average of 52 FPS, in SLI, so I'm happy with that. I done them just so I could rule everything else out.

Then I used the guru3d Nvidia inspector.

My power state was 0 when I looked at it. It seems to jump around a little.

I haven't seen any drops as far, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Should it be stuck in P0 if I force performance level 3 until I take it off? Also, do I need to keep the application open or does it save the settings when you close them? I haven't been changing the clock speeds, just the profile thingie in the program.

I'm either not doing it right or it isn't working. I might just get a new card and processor lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok. I was playing in Medium without realising lol. In high it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Do I need to manually change the clock speeds or will forcing the performance level do that? It doesn't seem to do much.

I'm not even sure if it's my GPU. I thought I might as well and have ordered a 670 because my SLI 470s run loud and hot.

But when I look at my overclock on CPU-Z the clock speed changes from 4.5 (which I have it set to) to 4.1, 4.2. I'm not quite sure what's going wrong with it. The multiplier is meant to be at 45x but it seems to be underclocking to 43, 42. I think that could be causing me to have instability issues in game, as it had done that before in BF:BC2 with my last processor when the overclock was playing up.

Any ideas? Anyone have the EVGA P67 Micro SLI with the 2500k?

Thanks.

Last edited:
So I got my 670. Still getting drops. So it's not the GPU.

Can I get some assistance with the overclock please?

You mean like malware? I just download the WHQL version and install. Done clean installs,removed drivers.

Also I get the same symptoms are I format windows. It just makes no sense. BF3 should be able to run on high with this card at 60 fps. It did with 470s in sli. Then something happened.

The mobo? The fact on cpu z it say my core speed is 4.2 when I have it set to 4.5?

You mean like malware? I just download the WHQL version and install. Done clean installs,removed drivers.

No mate. If i meant malware i would have said so.

A graphics mirror driver is used for remote desktop / remote administration connection to a pc.

So you say you have just formatted your c: and re-installed windows.
Have you installed any programs yet?

No I haven't done that today. I did that a few days ago and only installed the drivers and BF3 so essentially I didn't have anything on the PC but that. So I think that's ruled out.

I'm looking at another thread. Seems people get this issue with their motherboard being the issue.

Thank you.

OCZ Agility3 SSD 120 B
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB

I have tried to play on both harddrives. Formatted both, installed win7 on both.

This issue only came about after I bought the SSD a couple of weeks ago and put windows 8 on it.

I'm not saying they're linked, but it's maybe something worth bringing up. Maybe I've wired them in the wrong sata port? I think I did it right.

Thanks.

Last edited:
hmmz

All your drives are set to AHCI in the bios right?
List all the software you have installed, yes ALL of it.
What version drivers are you using?

Back