• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Anti-Virus for Windows Server 2008 x64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

I looked for most of the free anti viruses and I couldn't find one that was compatible with a server OS, does anyone know of a good one with this OS?

If you have MSDN check to see if your school also has Forefront Security. Its a antivirus program from MS that works on the 32 and 64 bit versions of XP/2003/2008.

There's Forefront Client Security and Forefront Security for SharePoint and Exchange for x86 and x64 systems on MSDN.

Thanks for the info!

i was curious if there are any free antivirus that's sole functionality is to scan files i tell it to. as in i would right click and say scan and it would scan that file

i know its not free, but im using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on Server 2008 64-bit. works very well. and has the ability to scan individual files for viruses.

+1 Avast its free and has a small footprint on the system

AVG-8 is also free but is a little more of resource hog than Avast

Back