• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free File recover software: does such an animal exist?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Hi a friend of mine lost a secondary drive after formatting c: (instead of master slave he had them set to auto select)

so now the drive is not readable by the new install of xp for whatever reason... and maybe thats not the reason... either way I found him some trial software that will allow him to see his files and transfer them to an alternate storage... but he cant afford 60 bucs so.......

is there any freeware file recovery software available that anyone here knows about for ntfs/fat/16/32

please and thanks!

no access to drive can see the drive but not the files on it. hes going to try photorec thanks again :)

can also try testdisk, I've used it to recover data fro friends/coworkers.

can also try testdisk, I've used it to recover data fro friends/coworkers.

I believe photorec and testdisk are the same thing. But testdisk was going to be my suggestion too, it has saved me and friends of mine on more than one occasion.

Back