• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FREE Webpage Hosting for 3 years

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
blackhabit said:

took just a few secs,
oh btw it was funny i got the email saying click this link then you go there to enter in your phone number, when i did that and hit enter, that very second( seriously as soon as i click submit to submit my number) my phone rang it was kind of scarey how fast it was but anyways check out my site did just took a few minutes. lol not bad, plus got this free domain off some site i found on google( not a straight .com or net but good enough.)
www.blackhabit.us.tt

Hey I went to your web sight, looks good G/J

Albaholic said:

I don't see that happening for any kinda content that any of us could think of

Hosting Linux ISO's would eat that up pretty fast.

filip04 said:

you're getting a dyndns.org popup.... consider using no-ip.... www.no-ip.com

I know, but I already had a dyndns account for my FTP server, so I used it for the sake of already having it, plsu I never see the popup anyway because of my popup killer. I may change it at a later date, but for the one popup it gets, I think most people can live with it.

squirtle632 said:
Well, I finally got my web page running BUT I cannot get the comments page to forward the mail. Going to work on that. Everyone take a lok and tall me what you think. It aint pretty but it is my first attempt at a web site.

www.munichkid.com

Pretty darn good start for a beginner :D Good Job!

Took me a while to find my FTP password and username but finally got it up and running....
http://n17ikh.octeams.com
Nothing on it as of yet but I am primarily going to use it for pics and such. Unfortunately the octeams apache server doesn't do subdomain masking, but oh well, it's a cool domain anyways...
(thx Ploaf)
:)

well..i signed up. Waiting on the second email. That's too weird for me to have an internet company call me like that. I was wondering if i should pick up the phone and say "hello" or just let it play.

What is the layout of the webspace? it has a / directory but I am lost after that. How do you determine the default page? Probably gonna have more questions but for now this is it.

:edit: Would I make a /html and a /ftp directory or something similar?

-Moz

Last edited:
moz_21 said:
What is the layout of the webspace? it has a / directory but I am lost after that. How do you determine the default page? Probably gonna have more questions but for now this is it.

:edit: Would I make a /html and a /ftp directory or something similar?

-Moz

don't worry..i'm so lost too. I did all they told me to do in the help thing, that is all except make an email thing. I set up the wise ftp unwillingly and i can't connect through the FTP....am i supposed to have a subdomain? argh! the help file doesn't help much either.

Last edited:
Back