• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freekin nVidia....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gig-O-Ram

I just get a 7800GT PCIe, and now they have the 7900GT/GTX out! Christ! Can't they let me enjoy this card for a while before they go and bring out the next generation?? I was just going to their site to look for new drivers, and I see this...

I know a lot of you already knew this...I'm just ranting... :bang head So much for thinking I was right up on things... :rolleyes:

Yeah man that does kinda suck when you are building a machine and that happens. I'm sure it's happened to quite a few people here. eVGA has a step up program if that's who your 7800GT is made by.

Yeah, it's the 7800GT...I bought it from ZipZoomFly...does that matter?

I haven't registered the card either...does that matter?

Edit= Well, that's nice and everything, but I read the T&C, and it seems I'll have to purchase, or at least maybe pay the difference for the new card...call it wishful thinking, but I thought it was, "Here's my 'old' new card...Here's your brand new bleeding edge card". I guess putting out some money is fair, but I just put out a whole lotta money for this rig, so...I don't know...

Last edited:
7800GT and the 7900GT are both $300 no money needed asside from shipping as long as you paid more than $299 for your card.

This happened to me too. I can't send my card in for a step-up though since Meionm was the original buyer and the card is registered to me. They ask for a copy of the original invoice/reciept and the information would be contradictary.

I'm not worried about it though. I'll be getting another 7800GT OC SE in the near future and run them in SLI. The 7900 series doesn't support DirectX 10, so I won't upgrade again until DX10 chips are released and at an affordable price. I don't see a point in upgrading to the 7900GT, for myself at least.

They ask for a copy of the original invoice/reciept and the information would be contradictary

If you asked them they would most likely let you do it anyway.
Their website acts like they have strict policies,but they bend the rules every time I have asked them to. :)

^
they put them back on the market i think ..

and this is kinda old news.. this always happens and will always happen ..

Personally I try and stay two generations or more back (right now I have 6800 xt's), so when they come out with a new card I don't feel bad having just bought the latest & greatest and now something new has come out.

blkdiamond said:
Personally I try and stay two generations or more back (right now I have 6800 xt's), so when they come out with a new card I don't feel bad having just bought the latest & greatest and now something new has come out.
:) 6800gs fine for me, till directx10 comes out =] along with am2 n vista lol

Well, so far I'd say that any newer of a card is going to be overkill for me, because this 7800GT is awesome! I get to play games now on the highest settings, and that's good enough for me.

I know that new stuff is always coming out, and that's not gonna change. But this happened when I finally got my 6800GT, and it was still sort of the "new" thing...and the 7800's were just coming out...I can't win... :shrug:

Back