• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frequent crashing, possible timing error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neilas

Hello,

I recently just upgraded my ram from 8GB to 16GB but I've been getting BSODs while playing Planetside 2 and sometimes when I restart windows takes a massive dump. (explorer.exe crashing upon login) I ran Memtest86 on each individual stick and they came back with no errors at all.

The BSOD I've been getting.

My specs are:

Intel i5-3570k (No OC)
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
16GB Kingston (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX)
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
1TB WD Caviar Black
Evga GTX 670 2GB

My mobo seems to be setting my MemFreq to 1333MHz for some reason, and my timing for my ram is currently 9-9-9-27 at the moment, and I've been told that tweaking my timing might help.

If any more information is needed I'll be happy to provide it.

And what were the results of running Memtest86+ w/ both modules installed, both installed in either both black slots or both blue slots? And if you want the RAM to run at the modules rated frequency, then you'll need to change the DRAM frequency from DDR3-1333 to DDR3-1600. You can do it either manually or by enabling the DDR3-1600 XMP profile, which besides auto adjusting the frequency to DDR3-1600 also adjusts the timings and voltage to their rated values. Just make sure the timings are set to 9-9-9-27-2T (Command Rate), and the voltage to 1.65V.

Back