• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front LED Indicators don't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pnutz409

Registered
Hi! I'm using an Antec SLK3000B case and an ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE Motherboard. FOr some reason my indicator LED's aren't lighting up for power and HD and whatever else makes it light up.. Can someone help me? :bang head :bang head

I forgot to mention... are those beeps coming from my PC speaker or the Motherboard itself? If it's coming from my pc speaker then at least 1 thing connected in that area works.

good idea wdeep... lets check it out hehe!

Also... Reversing polarity sounds like something Jordy on star trek would say hehe

Last edited:
LED = light emitting diode, meaning that they are designed so that electricity will flow through only in one direction. If polarity is backwards, electricity is "trying" to flow the wrong way causing them to not light up. Although not really a necessity to having the system up and running it is nice to know that they are working when you have some diagnosing to do. My BIOS once showed my old HDD as my master, even though I had put it back in the old system. It was extremely helpful to see at POST that the hard drive light wasn't flashing so that I knew that it wasn't being accessed.

I think mine were damaged, maybe that was why amazon.com sold it for 15$ shippped. Oh well, gonna upgrade anyway

Back