• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frustrated with my TCCD, new memory ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, the problem is definately with Dual Channel. Yellow slots BSOD while loading windows. Both orange slots = dual channel and no overclockability. Dimm1+Dimm2 equals instant reboot while on the windows splash screen.

I'll be seeking help in the DFI section, and over at DFI-Street, If anyone looking here has any ideas, please clue me in :)

J.

This kind of seems like what happened with me when I had a bad ram slot on a DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB S754 board. I could do 250MHz in memtest using some CH die UTT but I couldn't boot into windows stable at anything higher than 170MHz. When I pulled out my second stick & only used the slot closest to the CPU it worked great. I even got a 270MHz run. You should try to see if it will run stable with one stick.

This kind of seems like what happened with me when I had a bad ram slot on a DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB S754 board. I could do 250MHz in memtest using some CH die UTT but I couldn't boot into windows stable at anything higher than 170MHz. When I pulled out my second stick & only used the slot closest to the CPU it worked great. I even got a 270MHz run. You should try to see if it will run stable with one stick.

Did you read any of this ? I believe it might be a problem with the dimm slots on the mobo, the mobo, or the processors memory controller.

juliendogg said:
I re-installed windows and had the same results. I decided to do some more testing on each stick alone. Very interesting results,

Bios 6-23-3
HTT 280
DDT X3
CPU Multi X6
PCI-E 100
Vcore Startup
Vcore 1.4
Vcore Special -

LDTv 1.3
Chipset V 1.7
Vdimm 2.9
Dram + 0.03 disabled

Using the exact timings posted above ^^

Module A
SuperPI stable @ 315mhz

Module B
SuperPI stable @ 310mhz

It would seem that the memory clocks just fine, and the problem lies with dual channel on my mobo.

This is with 1 module in DIMM #2 (the upper orange slot)

Put it in dual channel and it fails the same tests at 210mhz.

Ideas ???

I'm going to spend the next few minutes testing the yellow slots. I keep hearing not to use them with TCCD. Worth a shot i reckon :).

J.

Last edited:
Mate,

How silly of me not to mention this. I DID RMA a board because my DIMM Slot #2 died. I got massive errors regardless of the sticks (BH-5/TCCD/Value) I used. I think Zebbo or somebody else had the same problem. Did you use the 4V Jumper by any chance?

Interesting. But if the slot was bad, I would think that I would be getting memtest errors. But I can clear 300mhz in dual channel with no memtest errors. I have not touched the 4v jumper.

What do you guys think the chances are that the memory controller on my proc is no good ? Again though, wouldn't that be giving me errors in memtest ? or no ?

Single channel = good
dual channel = no good

The memory seems to perform about on par with everyone elses Patriot XBLK when run in single channel. This leaves me thinking it's the mobo, or proc.

J.

Mate,

What is the exact error message you get after a BSOD?

Is it:-

IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_NOT_EQUAL_TO
MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
INVALID_PAGE_FAULT
POINTER_UNREFRENCED (or something similar)

Hmm. Well, bsod's are rare unless i use the yellow slots, or try and use dimms 1&2 for single channel. Normally it just reboots during the windows splash, or while testing in windoze with superpi/3dmark. I'll keep an eye on it this evening and see if i can catch a BSOD screen. I'm thinking IRQL error, but I could be wrong...

J.

Back