• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FS slighley over used SLK-800! for a paper weight mabey :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
saw this on another forum.
ive never seen anything this bad before.
link to whole thread,but BEWARE! it isnt a pg rated forums so NOONE under 18,thats why im posting pics here.
link:http://genmay.com/showthread.php?t=350596
if they arent showing up give me a few minutes.is about 5 or so pics.

what happened you ask? dead fanwhile out of town and he let his folks use the pc! thats why noone ever is allowed even in the same room as my babies :)

Attachments

• bcpu1.jpg
    bcpu1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
7 - last and final one.id be rather upset myself!

Attachments

• bcpu12.jpg
    bcpu12.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 320
sLk said:
Did the heatsink crack from the heat?
melted the solder that holds the fins in place.
yeh the link in the first post has most the info.but underage people dont use it!
im not sure what fan he used but it died and the slk just couldnt do passive on an oced xp.

mmmmmmkay... that website address is *quite* suspicious..... What on earth were *you* doing on that forum....lol!!!:p
________

BTW....it is sad to see how badly pplz mistreat electronics

I was just about to ask what CPU that guy had lol

I ran my computer on passive and it was fine for awhile so...

the even crazier part to this is that he said hes currently using it in another rig, awaiting a new cpu lol:eek:

Originally Posted by Kazuma
Your motherboard didn't shut off after a certain temperature was reached?

Either way, OUCH. Just how much did it kill? Processor and Heatsink for sure, but what about the Motherboard?

[H]eadup
just the CPU everything else is fine in fact im using the slk800 right now with my JIUHB 1700+ im looking to get a barton to replace the CPU but i dont know if the EPOX 8K3A+( kt333) can unlock the barton?

t1mex said:
the even crazier part to this is that he said hes currently using it in another rig, awaiting a new cpu lol:eek:

yeh doesnt suprise me one bit after some of the stuff ive seen these people do.

mmmmmmkay... that website address is *quite* suspicious..... What on earth were *you* doing on that forum....lol!!!
yeh? you would be suprised who ive seen there!
im just glad they have no affiliation anymore with [h] or i wouldnt go at all.

deathstar13 said:
melted the solder that holds the fins in place.
yeh the link in the first post has most the info.but underage people dont use it!
im not sure what fan he used but it died and the slk just couldnt do passive on an oced xp.

Hot enough to melt soldier.
That's crazy.

did you guys ever see the tomshardware ( :rolleyes: ) test they did where they removed the heatsink? i believe the temps hit mid-high 400s celcius on both of the athlons they tested. one of them caught fire and burned the mobo

Back