• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB Wall.. how to break?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChRiZo

Well i've got one hell of a celeron.. its been at 204 STABLE, at 1.575 vcore. Once i hit 205, it just bugs completey out and restarts. At 1.55vcore, 204 is stable, and I can hit 4.1ghz but then my memory bugs out.

So. My DS3 is glitchy and my shop won't RMA, and I don't rma stuff because i don't wait that long. Memory is messed up when I set timeing below stock, so i said w/e i'll keep it. Last night i found that on the DS3 when overclocking, my fsb-memory dosn't like 2.00 (1:1), or 2.50 (?:?), but rather 2.66 (3:4). My ram blows, its kingston 512mb value ram DDR533. Its fine if i put the timeings all the way up to 5-5-5-15 @ 266mhz and then overclock, and bump up voltage a bit.

Last night i tried once again, to break this wall. I was at 205mhz fsb, both ram and fsb seemed fine after priming for about 5 minutes so i bumped it up to 206mhz fsb, then my pc crashed and restarted. Is this my memory or my PSU? Or my celeron? Last board i had (P5P800), my celeron would hit 203mhz fsb and wouldn't go over, not even if i bumped it to 1.6vcore.

Temps are fine for my CPU, im useing a sythe ninja, and my load temp at 1.575vcore 204mhz fsb was like 53 or something. PSU is a entermax liberty 400 watt with <80% effiency and good 12V rails.

Last edited:
Back