• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Function keys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fgf80

I got a new keyboard yesterday. Upon opening the box, I found that I had misordered the keyboard with function keys, instead of the standard (Or, as I had preferred but was disallowed from, blank). This is all good and well, but my desktop does not respond to the function keys. In fact, it never has. When I press fn+F1 (mute), it brings up the normal output of F1.

On my old keyboard, it also had this problem. My old keyboard was a rubber dome keyboard that came with my grandma's Compaq, and was still going strong when she finally replaced the computer with one that didn't have the necessary PS/2 port.

It had actual media keys, rather than a function key and functions for normal keys.

How do I get my computer to respond to function keys? Is there a driver of some kind to download?

Usually this. Function didn't work on my Logitech until I installed their software.

It isn't available for download on the product page, which says "No Driver Required." Will edit post if something comes up in google search, but thus far it's just stuff about fn, ctrl, opt, and cmd in OS X

Back