• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx-6100 oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Abarge

Registered
I am helping a friend but also while helping a friend need help helping my friend :/
here is what I have so far For hwmoniter I closed prime95 before I took the screeny so the cpu cooled off but it still shows the max temps hope this was enough info also he wants to oc to 4.0 and wants some PROPER OVERCLOCKING TIPS.
PS. Why did core #5 only complete 9 tests?

Attachments

• Prime95,.png
    Prime95,.png
    184 KB · Views: 154
  • HWMONITER.png
    HWMONITER.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 157
  • cpuz1.png
    cpuz1.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 165
The individual cores do not complete the Prime95 tests all at the same time but either the software or the core logic employs a time-staggered algorithm and you have to wait for the ones at the tail end of that to finish a given test. The other thing that could have happened is that one of the core workers dropped out because of a data error, one type of test failure. I can't tell from your pic which of those two things happened. If a worker drops out you will get an error message in that pane.

From your point of view do you think this system is ready to oc or does it need another prime95 test? also i can get more screenys of prime 95 heres #5

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 142
I'm new here, and to overclocking as well. So don't take my word as gold. But, here are my settings for my current, stable, 4.3GHz OC on an FX-6100

CPU multi: 4375 (x17.5)
CPUNB: 2250 (x9)
CPU Host: 250 MHz
HT Link Freq: 2750
NB Voltage: 1.110
CPUNB VID: 1.250
CPU Voltage: 1.400

With a CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ the core temp hovers around 49°-51°C, the highest I've seen it go is 54°C.

Also inform your friend that if he changes the FSB clock he will have to change his memory multiplier back down to his RAM's rated speed (looks like 1333 MHz from the CPU-Z screen).

Edit: You're only running Prime95 for 21 minutes. No errors in that time, that is good. However, after you OC, you'll need to run it for at minimum of 5 hours to check for errors. When I had my CPU voltage one tick lower, it went for around 8 hours before an error popped up.

Every combination of components is different and will get different results and require different adjustments to realize its potential. Supplying folks with "plug and play" bios values is not a good idea.

From a temperature standpoint it would seem to have a lot of overclock headroom but I can't say much else from the little info you have supplied. One thing missing is a pic of the CPU-z tab: "SPD" which tells us what your ram is capable of and what are the manufacturer's recommended timings and voltages for different frequencies. Whenever you post Cpu-z pics, post those three together, please. We also know nothing about your hardware besides your CPU. We know nothing about your CPU cooler, your motherboard, your memory, your PSU or your case - all important.

Back