• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6300 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matthew94

Hello,

I have recently overclocked my AMD FX-6300 on GA-78LMT-S2 MOBO to 4.3GHz and run a 30 minutes stress test using OCCT, which resulted in no errors. I have basically zero experience in OC-ing that is why I am not sure if everything is ok. I have got a lot of stress test results, but I have no clue what those mean or if it is good/ok. I would love you to help me with that. I will post a link, so you can tell me if I everything looks good/was set properly. ( )

P.S. Remember that AMD is not Intel, so voltages vary. (I have had someone comparing those two equally.)

Best regards ;)

I would go for at least 2 hr. of OCCT to ensure stability in everyday use. The test will tell you if you fail. That's all you need to know. It's not complicated.

That motherboard is not a good one for overclocking. The power phase components are weak and with no heatsinks on them.

It may have no errors but your screenshots tell me it throttled hard.
Probably VRM and heat both.
I see 1.5x vcore. On FX you better be on at least decent water for 1.5v.

Back