• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6300 Stock Temps with Stress Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Hello all

Im wondering what people are getting for Stock Temps on this CPU
AND what temps are you getting when stressing it

well what I did was a stress test with everything on Stock even the cooler

anyways cant some one tell me if these temps are ok they don't seem right to me
I was also told that I have to look at the cpu temps under Temperatures
not under AMD FX-6300

PLZ someone shed some light on this

Thanks Roger

Stock Temps

stockcpuwi.png

Stress test Stock

stockprime.png

Are you on the stock cooler or an aftermarket one?

For the stock cooler those temps look pretty normal. The stock coolers more or less suck unless you don't OC then they will get by.

You need to look at both of those temps rog. the package temp is the core and the CPU temp is the socket and both are already at the limit of what that cooler can do under a high stress load.

You need to look at both of those temps rog. the package temp is the core and the CPU temp is the socket and both are already at the limit of what that cooler can do under a high stress load.

ok so your saying im looking good for the stock cooler then, sry for the Stupid questions just trying to understand the FX series

if you said there a little high I was going to Rip the HSF off and reset it

Thank you all for having to deal with me

For socket temps 72c and core 62c. If the socket gets too warm you'll get throttling. You might want to invest in a decent aftermarket cooler for that CPU if you plan on pushing it at all.

The stock heatsink is junk Roger, for roughly $30.00 go get yourself a CM 212 Evo, just make sure your case is wide enough for it.

yes I have the noctua nh-d14 but lost the mounting for it , and yes I know the stock HS is junk , I just didn't know if it was running hot with the stock HS
if I can get my 1.1 point for HWBot with a stock HSF then im going to rock more when I get an aftermarket one , another thing I don't like the noctua nh-d14
no more cause it to big for my Taste now, but it is better with cooling then the Stock ,so I just might put it on if I can find the mounting for it

With that case, if you don't like the Noctua maybe look a a good AIO water cooler or even one of the starter kits from XSPC. The case should have room for it no prob

With that case, if you don't like the Noctua maybe look a a good AIO water cooler or even one of the starter kits from XSPC. The case should have room for it no prob

I got the Phanteks Enthoo Pro and I was saving up for a Swiftech H240-X

^ Yes. I would hold off on pushing this rig until you get it. Good choice by the way. Also, when benchmarking it would be a good idea to put a little fan on the backside of your mobo at the cpu socket. Like this.

socket fan.JPG
(Image courtesy of Johan45 Inc.)

This will help with the socket temp.

Last edited:
If you cant find the mount for the Noctua, give them a call they probably will send one to you for nothing.

ok I got it mounted and all installed lol , but one thing for Sure my system looked nice without it but now it looks yicky poo yuck lol will post after and see what its doing

ok I got it mounted and all installed lol , but one thing for Sure my system looked nice without it but now it looks yicky poo yuck lol will post after and see what its doing

Edit

Update

1st pic is Idle with Noctua NH-D14

noctuanhd1.png

2ND Stress for about 25mins with Noctua NH-D14

noctuaapa.png

not finished yet got to lock it all up and put it bk where it belongs

No worries about the... was it yicky poo yuck? LOL, once the side is buttoned back up She'll be much much happier and so will your ears. Those stock coolers sound like your running a vacuum cleaner all day.

EDIT: Just paint your case to co-ordinate with those Fugly fans. Like mine...notice my fan in the back for benching? I use Velcro tabs so they're remove-able since this cheap-o case has no room for cable management.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-your-Wire-Managed-Pics?p=7730550#post7730550

No worries about the... was it yicky poo yuck? LOL, once the side is buttoned back up She'll be much much happier and so will your ears. Those stock coolers sound like your running a vacuum cleaner all day.

I don't have the stock Cooler on no more ,if you go back and read you will see the temp difference from the Stock to the Noctua NH-D14

Back