• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8120 Temp. Reading Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizardsmagic007

I overclocked a FX-8120 to 4.5ghz and it's been running for a few months with no problems. I occasionally check the temperature readings and they always reported correctly. I checked them today and I haven't even put a load on my processor and the max. reading was 252c. :confused: I was wondering if this is a software glitch or sensor problem?

coretemp252c.png

Conflict with other software maybe, like Ai Suite or AMD AOD and only once or twice have heard of people have a driver conflict. 252 is the "max" the sensor can put out so it sounds exactly like a glitch. Period.
RGone...

Conflict with other software maybe, like Ai Suite or AMD AOD and only once or twice have heard of people have a driver conflict. 252 is the "max" the sensor can put out so it sounds exactly like a glitch. Period.
RGone...

Thanks!
I'm a bit worrisome because I had 2 motherboards fail in one month. Ever since then I constantly have to be checking temperatures and voltage readings.

Thanks!
I'm a bit worrisome because I had 2 motherboards fail in one month. Ever since then I constantly have to be checking temperatures and voltage readings.

Well with the M5A97 and pushing an FX-8120 to 4.5Ghz, you should be somewhat concerned. There is a thread in the AMD Mobo section where a poster said he was pushing his FX processor on his M5A97 and was not surprised that the M5A97 had failed.
RGone...

Well with the M5A97 and pushing an FX-8120 to 4.5Ghz, you should be somewhat concerned. There is a thread in the AMD Mobo section where a poster said he was pushing his FX processor on his M5A97 and was not surprised that the M5A97 had failed.
RGone...

Thanks for the heads up! I've actually went as high as 4.9ghz on this board.:shock: I might just drop down the clock to stock frequency and look for a Refurbished Sabertooth. This M5A97 is also refurbished and it's held up longer than those 2 motherboards that were brand new.

Back