• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 Extreme OC 4.7GHZ Limited Cooling 69C Operating Tempetuare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well "johan" you know me sort of well enough to know I don't like to call anyone unknowledgable. We all have to learn. But you need to do the learning before you begin to put ideas off on others.

Before my son-in-law was killed and I was in charge of tweaking his dirt late model car, I had to get educated. I spent hours walking thru the pits and looking at the cars that ran up front. Not the rear runners but the front runners. They did not need to hear from me...they were already there. I kept my silence and asked questions of the front runners that would speak with a newcomer. Most of them were in their 20's and 30's and there I was 50+ years old going back to school where the teachers were all younger than me. Hehehe. What a role-reversal.
RGone...

Thanks "bassnut". From the OPs jumping into threads and telling people to raise the Vcore and go really fast; I expected he did not really know how to tweak the FX processors with some regard to safety on air or mediocre water cooling.

Enthusiasm is a good thing in a learning process, but exuberance in recommending is something we steer clear of mostly here in the AMD Cpu Forum section. Too many come into the forum here wanting to just clock that system and haul booty to gaming. Okay I suppose, but it is not learning much.

We "play" in the "Putzen" thread and that is a good thing, since most of us there are really hammering on the rigs. But we are not recommending that joe six pack try this at home. I don't really care if X user blows his stuff up, but I try and refrain from recommending so that he does. Hehehe. When one jumps into the deep end...he needs to know how to swim and/or he will drown.
RGone...

Yes I can agree with you there RGone ...... though in a rush this am I was maybe a bit too blunt with my above statement. We have always tried to help everyone, even some misguided souls, yes I have seen some of his other posts.

I am sure we all have tried some dumb A** Sh*t along the way but putting someone down is not always a good thing and I certainly didn't mean to do that this am and hope I didn't come off that way. As one very knowledgeable and helping member here has quoted on these forums several times "it is your equipment". However giving that advice out on an open forum to other less knowledgeable members is defiantly not a good thing either.

No man I was not saying you were blunt. Hehehe. Noone is more blunt than myself at times after typing this same stuff thousands of times.

I just don't post my voltages anywhere that joe six can see, when I am beating the Pee out of my stuff. What I do is on me and I want none to get an indication it is anywhere near safe. Hehehe.

I wonder who these peeps think we get to help us? US that is who. We are all the way out in left field and nothing but to sit at the keyboard thru trial and error until we get 'er dun. Heck "johan" got that new Hazewell thing and he sorted the dang thing himself. Noone rushed to help him in the Intellite Cpu Section. Boy was that a wake-up for him with that intelly thang. Hehehe.

Good luck in the New Year to you all.
RGone...

Yes I can agree with you there RGone ...... though in a rush this am I was maybe a bit too blunt with my above statement. We have always tried to help everyone, even some misguided souls, yes I have seen some of his other posts.

I am sure we all have tried some dumb A** Sh*t along the way but putting someone down is not always a good thing and I certainly didn't mean to do that this am and hope I didn't come off that way. As one very knowledgeable and helping member here has quoted on these forums several times "it is your equipment". However giving that advice out on an open forum to other less knowledgeable members is defiantly not a good thing either.

No man I was not saying you were blunt. Hehehe. Noone is more blunt than myself at times after typing this same stuff thousands of times.

I just don't post my voltages anywhere that joe six can see, when I am beating the Pee out of my stuff. What I do is on me and I want none to get an indication it is anywhere near safe. Hehehe.

I wonder who these peeps think we get to help us? US that is who. We are all the way out in left field and nothing but to sit at the keyboard thru trial and error until we get 'er dun. Heck "johan" got that new Hazewell thing and he sorted the dang thing himself. Noone rushed to help him in the Intellite Cpu Section. Boy was that a wake-up for him with that intelly thang. Hehehe.

Good luck in the New Year to you all.
RGone...

Yes I noticed that thread of Johan's ..... nice work on his part. Almost wish I had gone that route when I went shopping myself. Santa finally cleared customs and has landed though no big upgrade to intel I stuck it out here in amd land. I have something I want to try. :popcorn:

Happy New Year RGone and best of luck with the new year

@dick66482209 best of luck to you as well with your OC

He's not the only Brony on the forum haha. This guy is Brony number 2. I'm sure there are others too haha.

I have a 9 year old daughter.... I am obligated to know MLP unfortunately. That being said I dont complain about whatching it........ :bang head

Back