• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8350 or I7 4770k!!!help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^Agreed.

Both brands are reliable and both make great CPUs.

I mean, well, we look for the very last piece of squeezed performance, but we are a niche. 99.9% of user will never make a difference between the two.

Last edited:
Haswell are tno difficult to OC. The just heatup alot on high clocks. Small die + VRM's on die = alot of heat to dissipate over a small area ... :(

i'm sitting at 4.4ghz, 4.5 is EZ to do but require a tad more volts that i'm willing to push for my 54/7 OC.

I am so gonna get blasted for this. lol. I am not a FANBOY of either cpu. Both offer great performance, You just have to look at costs.

Both INTEL and AMD have good and bad. AMD offers a better long term value, upgrading the cpu is a simple cpu swap. Intel, tend to change there socket set so with a new cpu comes a new mother board.

To say one is the clear winner is simply a myth. My old AMD 6300 still plays the latest greatest games just fine, The 8350 I have in my new set up, just works great.

So just look at both cpu, decide which works best for you, which offers you a better bang for your dollar. Don't buy into the hype and the FANBOYS screaming this or that.

Upgrading the CPU on Intel, Haswell, is a simple swap as well. Isnt AMD's Bulldozer successor to be on a different socket this go around? So, while in the past, you are most certainly correct, I'm not certain that is the situation now.

Otherwise, I agree with what you say for the most part. :)

Why delidding? Haswell@stock is faster than the [email protected]. And you can achieve 4.5GHz with a good air cooler on the Intel CPU.
Together with a $130 MoBo and a 500W PSU when you need a $180 MoBo (990FX-UD3 new revision do not play nice anymore with the FXs), 600PSU at least and a H100 to keep it cool...

EDIT: I am no fanboy at all. My rig plays everything maxed out@1080p (except Crysis 3), but it has a 40%+ OC, when a 2500k would give more FPS@stock.

Haswell @ stock is faster than the [email protected]. That is the most compelling reason to go with Intel for a gaming rig. I need a good gaming cpu for a GTX 770 and a Asus 24" 144Hz 1ms monitor. AMD might compete better for gaming based on next gen consoles. I will still keep my FX6300. Its a good multi-tasker, and price and heat wise, it holds its own. Using a GTX 660 or equivalent is fine for gaming . The fact you can get higher overclocks, with less heat makes it a great budget gaming cpu

Back