• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8350 Overclock no Voltage raise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Batguerra

I've just raised the core clock to 4.6ghz and apparently everything is working well, although, the voltage is the same, 1.312V, do I have to raise it? Also, when I raised to 4.7ghz as soon as I entered desktop blue screen and pc restarted, now back to 4.6 :3

Batguerra, welcome to the forum, you should read through this guide, it will help you get a better understanding of what you need to do for overclocking.

Batguerra, welcome to the forum, you should read through this guide, it will help you get a better understanding of what you need to do for overclocking.

Could you please pass me the right voltage and ht link thing? Mine is a FX 8350 and 990FXA-UD5, sorry I'm kind of new in AMD overclock, I was used to Intel.

Could you please pass me the right voltage and ht link thing?.

Pass to you? You mean give you what the setting amount ought to be? Not possible. Variations from cpu to mobo to how cool the cpu is running make the amounts variable from system to system. That is why a link was given to you a post or two above to learn how to test for the correct settings for your own board.
RGone...

EDIT:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1434322/...re-ga-990fxa-ud5-rev1-1-non-uefi-bios-example
AMD Multiplier Overclocking Guide Vishera / Bulldozer / Phenom + More GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1.1...

Most of us that pro-offer free help in this AMD CPU forum section run various Asus and Asrock upper tier mobos. That link is to a 37 post thread about overclocking a Giga UD5. Pretty thorough
as well.
END EDIT.

Last edited:
Back