• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8350 Running Too Hot on CM Seidon 240m Water Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eyefinity3

Hi, I was wondering if somebody knew what might be going on with my pc.

I have an FX 8350 running on an Asus M5a99FX Pro R2.0 Mobo. The CPU has a CM seidon 240m water cooler.

First off, this PC idling hotter than my other PC with the same specs, (FX 8350 running on an Asus M5a99FX Pro R2.0 Mobo) but with not as nice of a Cooler. It is a Thermaltake Water Performer 3.0 120mm. Through general use, it is many degrees, 3-5 Celsius hotter as well. This makes no sense, as I have a nicer cooler on it and I even add some pull fans to it so it's got 4 fans total on the radiator.

I did attempt to do the "auto" overclocking in the mobo and it said it was up to around 4.38 ghz, but then when I looked at the specs in Windows, and the task manager, it say's "4.0 ghz".

It is on Windows 8. The Bios version is 2301.

I ran prime95 and within a few minutes I was up around 57 degrees so I shut it down.

I tried redoing the thermal past on the Cpu. Origionally I had a little thermal paste spilling over the side. And it's possible I did it again. I'd just rather not have to do it another time, if it's possible it's another problem

I'm open to any ideas, as I don't have much of my own. I'm a noob.

Download and install thye latest Cupid HWMoniter and CPUZ and post a screen shot of them open on your desktop while you have some program like Prime running after about 10 - 20 min in the background. This will show all your temps and voltages. Those OC Genies are not very dependable and can really mess up a system if you are not carful. I would strongly suggest that you go into BIOS and reset it to Optimal settings and retest your temps.

Back