• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 stock clocks benching problems and more.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MeChGanG

Registered
I've got some problems installing microsoft essentials and other windows updates.
My graphic card spins sometimes aswell like; "fps drops, stability issues & display driver not working." And now my fx-8350 scores 1.00 less in Cinebench 11.5 64b.
The cpu is at 36c idle and I assume this is normal with the stock cooler.
I've also done some tweaking lately while my ram was turned to 1333mhz on auto, which should be 2133mhz with 10-11-10-28 timing and it looked like my system was stable after putting it on that.
I didn't do any other tweaking as I find the stock clocks of the fx-8350 is enough for me.
After something else occured without any other tweaking my mobo posted up the FF message.. after 5 tries of rebooting while pushing the 5th time the reset button on the back it worked again. So I've hold all on auto right now and benched my 8-core again and it still shows me this;

http://www.centuri-trance.magix.net/mijn pc/Benching.png

What could be the problem here?
Edit; Benched after a while again and its back to normal speed now; 6,78.

Last edited:
The problem installing Windows updates and MS Essentials could be do to an incorrectly set time and date. Check that.

Yeah that don't sound right.... You have similar hardware, so I'll give you a couple of things to check / try.

1. First things first, are you using the most current MB bios ?
2. I'm 99.9% sure you will have to enter the timing and ram speed manual. My ram will not run at 1833 off the bat. Try and set to 1600 as mine worked 100% after that. I've not had time to tinker as I got my new rig a week or so ago.

my 2 cents !

Yeah that don't sound right.... You have similar hardware, so I'll give you a couple of things to check / try.

1. First things first, are you using the most current MB bios ? Jup, version 1101
2. I'm 99.9% sure you will have to enter the timing and ram speed manual. My ram will not run at 1833 off the bat. Try and set to 1600 as mine worked 100% after that. I've not had time to tinker as I got my new rig a week or so ago. Did that aswell, for now it seems fine.. However I didn't game today.

my 2 cents !
The problem installing Windows updates and MS Essentials could be do to an incorrectly set time and date. Check that. Time is updated.

I actually expect its either an Issue with my PSU or Graphic card since I took it from my old setup, which had aswell issues with the display driver not working. However this time my benching score aswell dramatically changed Dunno how. This is the problem what I had aswell;

22:00 - MeChGanG: heb je cd... legitieme windows 7... legitieme windows key... krijg je dit;
22:00 - MeChGanG: register.. activatie... failed failed failed failed..
updates failed failed failed failed failed...
activate key with phone success..
retry updates failed failed failed failed failed...
downloading hotfix installing hotfix failed failed...
retry updates failed failed failed failed,
installing microsoft essential failed failed failed
msn messenger 8.0 failed failed
msn messenger 2012 failed failed...
retry essentials failed failed..
retry updates failed failed failed succes!!
configuring installed updates failed failed failed....
configured reboot... configured reboot... configured reboot..
configured 5 to 10 minutes succes can get in windows again...

The number of fails is the number of tries.
However the updates are finally installed.

EDIT: Benched Again and its still fine, however gonna try to game tomorrow and see how it goes now.

Last edited:
I'd solved it and it was the graphic card, cause the dcII wasn't tightened enough.
It had aswell 2 much thermal paste on some places and almost nothing in the middle, which caused heating problems.
I Cleaned it and layed a thin layer of thermal paste on it and it never been so quiet and cool as it is now.

The low benchmark score of my cpu, might be caused due to a program running in the background.

However 1 problem still persist; a freeze at entering desktop with the message "AMD Display driver stopped working and recovered.". I know the problem, but could only fix the biggest issue with it, namely; "Freezes in Gaming and scrolling over the internet.".
However it still persist on startup, cause it has to load my profile with the edited idle clocks in CCC first.
In that time it freezes once. Anyone knows an effective way in my cards bios? Since RBE doesn't support editing the clock times on hd6970's and higher. For the record, I've got a dual bios.

EDIT: I think this topic should be moved to General Hardware.

Back