• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 succes story and thanks. :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blamauci

Registered
Hey guys thanks for all the help you guys gave me in the SETI section of the forums. After getting the Mugen 3 rev.B my FX-8350 has not been happier.:p

It is cool as a breeze. Clocks like a BEAST. not a help me thread this time but a thank you thread.:clap:

Here are the first results of overclocking this nice chip.(seems to be a good one :) )

308V1.png

Have not touched HTT clocks yet. but I think there is some more headroom.
You guys are the BEST :) :comp:

Blamauci, awesome it always great when we can help someone. It was a pleasure to work with you because you actually read what we wrote and responded accordingly.

Now, with these Fx processors a little advice with overclocking them. They do not like brute force! Trying to jump a lot higher to X overclock from a stable one instead of doing it slowly will have you banging your head against the wall. Take good notes of your settings and try to only change one thing at a time, it will make overclocking it a lot more pleasurable. I can't tell you how many times I've tried just bumping the overclock higher and throwing the Cpu Voltage at it, only to see BSOD, Freezes etc...

blamauci, have you stress tested that configuration yet and are you able to pass at least 2 hours of the Prime95 blend test? That is an unusually high overclock for 1.404 vcore. Around here we rigorously stress test to check for stability before we declare an overclock to be stable. That means more than just casual computer use or even being able to run your favorite game.

blamauci, have you stress tested that configuration yet and are you able to pass at least 2 hours of the Prime95 blend test? That is an unusually high overclock for 1.404 vcore. Around here we rigorously stress test to check for stability before we declare an overclock to be stable. That means more than just casual computer use or even being able to run your favorite game.

It's been through 6 hours of blend and did not crash nor drop cores.
its not 1.404. its more like 1.425 vcore and LLC @ medium.

Wow that's pretty sweet actually. Mine takes 1.47 for 4.64.

Actually for me the Cpu V jump from 4.6 to 4.7 was pretty high. If memory serves me correct I was able to do 4.6 near 1.40 also but 4.7 needs 1.46.

It could be that under load mine hits that too.
LLC should fix that. I just set a base Vcore what I though would be reasonable and let LLC do the rest. (I realize that is not ideal)

See what HWMonitor says while you're under load of P95, should give a pretty close number for CPU VCore

Back