• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8350 CPUTIN problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

army

Registered
The problem is that my CPUTIN readings are high like 63 but cpu cores stays at 45-49 celsius. CPU downclocks it self when CPUTIN reaches 63 degrees.
It downclocks to like 1,4GHz and then immediately comes back on full clocks when CPUTIN drops few degrees.

My rig:
AROCK 970 pro3
FX8350 stock clocks with Hyper 212 evo
8 gigs of ram
gtx 560ti stock
case Coolmaster 430 elite with 3 120mm great fans

Attachments

• readings.jpg
    readings.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:
Disable all the Green Stuff in bios such as C1E, C6, Cool N Quiet and APM (a new FX application power management). That might relieve that issue that has bothered those board users for some time.
RGone...

Thanks for a reply,
But should i be worried about CPUTIN temps ?

Most likely your VRM's cant handle the 8350 and are getting to hot. Try putting a small fan on the mosfets and see if it throttles.

My 990fx board would throttle at stock clocks as well unless their was good airflow over them. I just use a ram module cooler over them and it seems to work alright.

:welcome: To OCF army
The max you will want to go is 70c and 60 on the core.
I hate to say this but your biggest problem is the MOBO in general. Your board is throttling the CPU to prevent damage to the VRM section. You've got a 4+1 phase power system with no heatsinks, and it's just getting hot. You can try to get more airmovement in the area but if you want a good experience with that chip you should invest in something beefier.

Thanks for answers,
that sucks and i am on low budget right now.
MY CPUTIN never reaches 70 and cores never reaches 50!
what mobos u prefer for 8 core cpu`s ?

I really like my Sabretooth R2.0. Here's a link
This link has different brands and lists all the power phasing. I would recommend nothing less that 8+2 phase. Stay away from the msi boards they seem to have issues with the FX chips. Also the new Gigsbyte UD3 rev.3 has shown some problems.
Here's a post about half way down you'll see ssjwizard has put together a good list.

Probably the best boards for pushing the PEE out of a good FX series processor with a good cpu and awesome, not mediocre cooling. The percentages are about the Max you could push a good cpu on awesome cooling. Get about all there is from that processor.
Code:
Asus Crosshair V formula/z				99-100%
Asus Sabertooth R2.0 Gen 3(not yet released)		99-100%
Asrock Fata1ity 990FX (now 990FX EXT9)		99-100%
Asus Sabertooth R2.0 and Asus Sabertooth 990FX        97-99%
Gigabyte 990FX UD5 or UD7                             97-99%

Asus M5A99X Evo or M5A99FX pro << Fair board but will NOT overclock a good FX cpu to the max that the boards above will do if there is cooling and a good cpu.

Gigabyte 970, 990X, 990FX UD3*note2 << The versions of these motherboards that are NOW in REV 3.0 (most shipping now) have since their release been nothing but a pain for their owners that use an FX processor. Gigabyte nearly 2 mos ago said they would release a bios to stop the cpu from throttling but I find no evidence where owners of REV 3.0 have seen any such bios to date. Sucks.

Back