• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FYI- M2N32SLI-Deluxe Owners: Win7 Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

FYI-

According to Asus, the M2N32SLI-Deluxe board will support Win7 but they are currently still building the driver page.

Those of us with this board and Win7 should be able to use the VistaX64 drivers for sound.

My test: Last night had a quick test with this driver installed to fix a CTD in any game about 2-10 mins into playing. Initial results are good, but only had about 15mins to test, so I will let you know tonight how it goes.

Hope this helps anyone with issues similar to mine!

If you're referring to the on-board AD 1988B, I believe Win7 x64 natively supports it, otherwise you can find WHQL 64-bit drivers for it here...

WinXP 32bit/64bit, Vista 32bit/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit
SoundMAX Audio Driver v6.10.x.6585 released October 21, 2009 WHQL

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...del=P5B+Deluxe/WiFi-AP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Actually, that is the driver I am refering to. The auto-installed windows driver was causing all the crashes dispite numerous reinstalls of the built in drivers. Downloading the Vista X64 driver did indeed fix the issues pending further testing.

I initially (under RC1) had no issues with the included drivers from M$, but earlier this month/late last month I encountered the same problem in RC1.

The one from the Asus forums was also causing issues with 3 games I decided to test on: COD4, Gears of War, and KOTOR (1, via Steam)

Last edited:
Back