• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill 8GB RAM Not set correctly.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mogul26

Registered
Hey guys,

I just noticed that my G.Skill ram is running at totally wrong speeds. Currently OverDrive displays it running at 9-9-9-24-1T, but G.Skill advertises it as 7-7-7-21-1T

I am VERY unfamiliar with setting up RAM voltage and timing, so how would I go about setting this correctly? What is XMP and how do I enable it?

This is the RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

And my Mobo is an Asus M4A87TD Evo. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Edit: redduc900's post is where you should look, I didn't really check into your board at all.

You set the xmp profile in the bios my asus board has it on the advanced screen right when your in the bios though yours could be different. The xmp profile is definantly what you need to set you could do it manually but id just select the xmp profile much easyer.

Last edited:
That boards BIOS doesn't offer an XMP option. And the OC CPU From Level Up--> D.O.C.P. setting doesn't offer a DDR3-1333 DRAM OC Profile option. You would have to manually select DDR3-1333 from the available DRAM Frequency options, manually adjust the DRAM voltage to 1.5V, and adjust the four primary DRAM timings to 7-7-7-21.

Are those really "1T"? Aren't most RAMS at least "2T"

Z

NVM.. Misread

Carry on . . nothing to see here
/endedit

Last edited:
Back