• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB ( 2x8GB ) DDR4-3000 CL15 1.35V - F4-3000C15D-16GVR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The bios let change only the 17-17-35 the first 15 can't find it... So I am using now 16-16-16-35 at 1.35v . HD monitor shows 1.360v for dram but that's sensor thing so I think I am good. The lowest timing is better correct? So if for example I am able to set at 15-15-15-32 at 1.35v would be the best scenario?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

And for being stable i should try stress test at aida 64 cpu and ram test?????

Yes, lower is better but too low will cause only problems. If it's 24/7 PC then just keep it at 16-16-16 1.35V.
I'm using AIDA64 memory+cache together and only these two tests for memory stability because it will stress memory and memory controller at the same time.
You can use some other soft as long as it's multithreaded and uses at least 90% memory capacity. For example, you can run a 7-Zip benchmark and set it to ~90% memory capacity.
The typical stability test should last at least 1h. Better if longer but if there won't be any errors after 2-3h, then it probably won't show anything during the next couple of hours. It's always better to run 3-4 different tests (even mixed with 3D benchmarks) just to check how everything is acting during a mixed load.

Back