• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2600 CL10 RAM Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@TheHutchTTU

They'd be pretty much useless in an X79 board since the SB-E chips can't keep up and most can't even do 2400mhz frequencies.

Also found it interesting that you'd suggest for people to buy the 11-13-13@2666mhz sticks Hokie since they're $15-less, but they also run on different IC's. The C11 sticks should be on Hynix CFR an these run on Samsung HYK0 or HCH9 depending on luck of the draw. Either kit should be good though, the C10 set will run tighter timings/speeds while the C11 kit should be able to max out higher (all depending on your chips IMC of course)

Last edited:
Sweet! :thup: Wanna test these out on the X79 chipset for me? :D

Heh, my 3960X's IMC is horrible and won't go over DDR3-2133 without much struggle and zero stability. Testing these there wouldn't do anybody any good. Also, what moocow said.

Also found it interesting that you'd suggest for people to buy the 11-13-13@2666mhz sticks Hokie since they're $15, but they also run on different IC's. The C11 sticks should be on Hynix CFR an these run on Samsung HYK0 or HCH9 depending on luck of the draw.

I'm not allowed to disclose ICs, so I don't generally take heatspreaders off, but if you're right, I suppose I stand corrected. However, for my comment, it seemed like the overclocking ability on ambient with these sticks was very close to the same experience as the 2666 kit and if you can get the 2666 kit for $15 cheaper, why not?

Looks like a nice kit...... Now if only it meant something in day to day use.

I still want it though.....:p

Nice review! Kind of a lower bin Samsung's it seems...Might be a good kit to get for Haswell :D
As for the Team kit, yummy, hynix goodness. :p

Great review as usual, and it's apparent that you held back with the amount of pr0n pics.

Nice review! Kind of a lower bin Samsung's it seems...Might be a good kit to get for Haswell :D
As for the Team kit, yummy, hynix goodness. :p

Great review as usual, and it's apparent that you held back with the amount of pr0n pics.

Actually, I'd be careful going with the Team kit, look closely at the pic of the front of the PCB and I think that you'll see that the make up of the SMC reveals a single-sided module...most likely this is Hynix based, but with MFR chips on one side only. The performance hit from single-sided vs double-sided modules would keep me away from these.

I haven't noticed any issues with Team 2666 on single sided MFR. Actually now you get or 4GB sticks - single side or 8GB - double side so there is no big choice if you want 2x4GB kit.

btw. Nice review :thup:

Back