• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAXP pos haha ( no post, no bios, turns on for 1 second and turns off)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samo147

all it does it turn on for about 1 second and turns immediately off.. everything starts up as usual fans spin and whatnot but nothing but my ram led is still turning on and stays on till i turn off the PSU.
and this is not a new system build it was working fine for about a year and a half...

im sure its not the power supply because i had another one and tested my comp and the same thing happened...

tryed it on a cardboard box and same problem...
i think maybe my processor is dead.. or the ram is crap...

also tried reinstalling the cpu and heatsink and taking everything out to make sure it wasnt shorting... still nothing...

hrm.. any suggestions on what i can do.. im planning on trying a new processor tonight...
and testing the ram at a friends house later.. since i only have one stick and no way to tell if its the ram...

gonna cost money money money... to fix...
hopefully its not everything the RAM, CPU, MOBO and video card that would suck ***

yeah looks like it was the motherboard... damn it all
of all things i thought gigabyte had good quality.. i just noticed some bulging capacitors... and a bit of leakage on the top...

man... never buying another gigabyte..

You say that your PC turns on for 1 second.What exactly is hapening that time?I mean do you see any picure in your screen when it turns on?

well it's pretty strange to see gigabyte mobos having the capacitor problems cause MSI is famous for that problem. BTW 7VAXP is a stable mobo with lack of overcloking to me. There's only 1 prob i've this mobo is the usb errors i'm getting along with my external usb hard disk. It always keeps on randomly disconnecting. Other than that this is very good mobo.

yeah its just turning on for 1 second
nothing on the screen... processor fan and all other fans begin to spin and just stop
however the ram led remains on until i turn off the unit..
i tried another processor and the same thing happened...

Back