• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-970A-DS3P / FX-6300 Overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From your pic where it says CPU max of 70 and package max of 62. Yes when it crashes add v-core as long as temps are good.

View attachment 158919

This is a pic of HWMonitor free version. You see the red is the socket temp max 70ish and the yellow is the core max 62ish.

Look closely at what johan has outlined in red and yellow. YES you can go up to 62C on the package temp and 70C on the socket temp. But if either of those go over time to back it off and look for better cooling.

Well this is starting to be embarrassing to ask again, but I don't see any 62 & 79°C. I'm really sorry but I'm probably brainwashed.

It's not going to show those temps till your cpu hits those temperatures. Just got to pay attention while stress testing.

Ah okay. and how I can know that my cpu reached max temps? At the moment I'm testing [email protected] because on 1.2 I had blue screen. So I added a little bit. Temps are now 47max not going higher.

So im supposed to look at "blue" temps yeah?

So I can go with max temps on CPU = 62 Package (whats package exactly is on cpu?) Package = 70 yes?

[email protected] Stable, next step 4.1

The other way around package at 62 which is the cores of the CPU and the temp marked CPU is the socket temp max of 70

So if I understood right, my cpu can handle 62 and package 70.
My one core stopped but pc is running.what to do now? Temps are ok

The other way around package at 62 which is the cores of the CPU and the temp marked CPU is the socket temp max of 70

No look at my post again. Stop your test add another bump of v-core and start over, the test failed.

You need to take a listen since they are saying the same thing...

...same thing to you each time but you are NOT repeating back to them what they say.

HWMonitor Free has two (2) temps shown when opened for enough to view ALL voltages and at least showing the CPU Package temp. That is two temps we are going to be looking at and be concerned about. Two temps.
1. One temp in HWMonitor Free is called the cpu temp or socket temp it is not actually inside the cpu but is still needing to have monitored. It (cpu/socket temp) should NOT go higher or greater or more than 72c under heavy load place on the system like during a 2 hour run of P95 Blend mode in torture testing.

2. Second temp of interest in HWMonitor FREE is call the Package or Core temp and should not go higher or greater or more than 62c when under full load of P95 Blend mode torture testing.

RGone...

I seriously need to learn English properly.
One more try, focus creativized.

62package (that's area around cpu)
70 cpu temperature (core)

Or let's say, when I reach 62C, just stop overclocking.

Adding vcore helped. I'm scary of aging this vcore cause of overheating out destroying mosfets or whole motherboard, because it's not best mobo got overclocking

Temps are at 51 even with added vcore, that's nice I guess

This it's what I needed.
Yes because I don't speak English very well so I don't understood what they exactly mean. Yes it's mine fault,I know
Thank you

How high have you gotten your OC so far? Ultimately what are your goals?

I seen in your OP that you wanted 4.x but wasn't sure.

Rgone you are my hero. Someone who explained it for me as I needed, because if language barrier (I didn't understand everything as you all)

Actually testing [email protected] temps are great,I feel I can reach 4.4 for sure. But let's wait and see.
I would like to go more than default boost, so it's 4,2+ I think

[email protected] crashes after 3 minutes. Bsod, so I'm going down with 4,3 and I'm happy with this result, maybe later I can set up airflow in New case because I can't close lid from case because of cooler xD

Tha sounds like a good plan. Da a 2 hour test at 4.3 and see how things go. You might find that part way through it crashes and you need a touch more voltage t get it stable. Things act a bit different once they get warm.

Back