• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA EX58-UD5 waterblock question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

I am curious to know if anyone has the EX58-UD5 board and is using a waterblock. I am running into an issue with mounting. I have a bunch of waterblocks, and a few do not seat well on top of the socket. The worst is with the FusionV2. It is almost as if the socket and surrounding capacitors/inductors, do not allow me to fully seat on the socket. The only block that sits well is one I made myself. Since the Fusion is the one I want to try, has anyone run into similar issues, which they resolved? It is so bad, that I barely get a dime size footprint of TIM paste when I usually get one about the size of a quarter. Thanks in advance.

the Fuzion I've heard has some problems in general with the LGA1366 socket. I have seen people use the Apogee GTZ with the lga 1366 bolt down kit pretty successfully, and thats what i will be doing when I upgrade my setup into i7 territory.

You are not alone, though their problem was screws and not caps/inductors around the socket. Something to look into if you're not certain its the surrounding components.

thank you for the responses. I took everything apart, and it is indeed the screws. Now I need to MacGuyver something up as I really want to compare it to my own, or perhaps look into the GTZ.

Back