• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Can I run dual monitors w/o upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The blue one is vga. I have not had much luck in running dual monitors when the interfaces are different. Not to say it can't be done because I am certainly not a video guru. Maybe you ought to email Gigabyte tech with that question.

It may not work due to the design. DVI has the output of VGA in addition to digital signals (if DVI-D). The VGA/DVI outputs may be connected together through the board, which means you can only run one monitor. I can't tell for sure though, without seeing the traces on the motherboard.

Contact Gigabtye and ask.

The GA-890GPA-UD3H supports dual monitors in some configurations. I found that information in the motherboard manual but don't happen to have a copy of yours downloaded. You should check the manual you have or download the manual from the Gigabyte site - I'm sure the information and configuration details will be there one way or the other ... ;)

Re: two monitors (one DVI one HDMI):
I don't know if it can be done.

My nVidia 8300-based board allows HDMI and VGA, not HDMI and DVI. It may be that it only supports one digital and one analogue signal. The VGA should do fine, I can't say I notice a difference between DVI and VGA, but then again I don't deal with any images or desktop publishing or such. Depends what you do.

Re: two monitors (one DVI one HDMI):
I don't know if it can be done.

My nVidia 8300-based board allows HDMI and VGA, not HDMI and DVI. It may be that it only supports one digital and one analogue signal. The VGA should do fine, I can't say I notice a difference between DVI and VGA, but then again I don't deal with any images or desktop publishing or such. Depends what you do.

Back