• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-MA790XT-UD4P TEMPIN1 too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quixadhal

Hi everyone!

I apologize ahead of time for my n00bness. :)

I just got a new GA-MA790XT-UD4P board and updated the BIOS to F5. I have a 720BE installed (stock cooler for now). Of course, I tried to unlock the 4th core, by switching ACC to Hybrid mode. It failed to post, and reverted back to Normal mode with no problems.

However, in attempting to overclock a bit, I noticed something odd, which others have mentioned but I can't find any definitive answers about. While running Prime95 at 3.2GHz (200MHz, 16x, stock voltage), the individual core temperatures measured around 42C, but the TMPIN1 sensor claimed 54C!

I'm assuming this isn't correct, since it makes no sense that the surface reading would be that much hotter than the cores... but it got me to wondering if the board somehow got confused by the (brief) presence of 4 cores and was miscalculating something now? If so, would clearing the BIOS have any effect? I wish I'd thought to check it before trying to unlock. :(

Also.. can anyone tell me what the other temperature sensors on this board actually measure?

Thanks!

Back