• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X58-UD3R with the following?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I finally got around to updating the BIOS from F8 to F11 - successfully.

I loaded the Optimized BIOS Settings, and then reboot just to make sure the OC settings were not still active.

Then when I rebooted again, I hit DEL then F8 to go into the QFlash Utility and was a little confused at first as it obviously didn't see a floppy since i don't have one, but it did list a HD. The HD turned out to be the USB Thumbdrive with the new BIOS file. So I guess I chose wisely.

I've kept everything the same except that I am now at 191x21 from 190x21 so I'm definitely over 4.0 Ghz.

Thanks for the help.

I finally got around to updating the BIOS from F8 to F11 - successfully.

I loaded the Optimized BIOS Settings, and then reboot just to make sure the OC settings were not still active.

Then when I rebooted again, I hit DEL then F8 to go into the QFlash Utility and was a little confused at first as it obviously didn't see a floppy since i don't have one, but it did list a HD. The HD turned out to be the USB Thumbdrive with the new BIOS file. So I guess I chose wisely.

I've kept everything the same except that I am now at 191x21 from 190x21 so I'm definitely over 4.0 Ghz.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds good mate, is your Windows now seeing your overclock as before it was'nt ?

Back