• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's hard to imagine anything being smoother than this... of course I thought my evo on 2.3.5 was pretty smooth too. lol

I have both the GN and the S2. Both good phones. Screens are both great.

It sounds like the OP went with the Gnex....good choice!:thup:

Biggest weakness is the affiliation to the carrier.

I prefer the GN, just do to software. The Hardware is similar, they are both fast. The GN has a pretty bad camera. No SD card and (for me) only 16GB(Which I have learned to live with)(Your lucky you get 32GB...Nice!) I also love the bigger HD screen. I compared it to the One X and to my old eyes I could not see a big enough difference to care about. So it comes down to how good one's eye's are. At 720P I can no longer distinguish pixel's.

Its funny a number of folks have talked about the faster updates with the GN. If its connected to a carrier they get delayed like every other phone.

Case in point I have had Jellybean on my pure Google GN since it came out in early July as an OTA update. No carrier affiliation is a dream. I won't ever go back to a contract phone.

Some folks think stock JB is boring, I like the rock solid reliability.(and not having to take it back to stock to get the next OTA). Looking forward to the New Nexus(Or Nexii) coming out in few month's. :thup:

Honestly though, the snappier your GN is on ICS, the less likely you will notice a difference in JB. I couldn't notice any difference in "Butter". Others did notice a difference....:shrug:

Last edited:
I'm with you, Dfonda. I ran a couple JB fully functional JB roms on my S2 and never saw a difference from CM9. They were both VERY nice and smooth as all heck!

Yeah ,short of any JB functionality that I haven't discovered yet, I don't have any reason or desire to root or rom this phone. It's fantastic and solid as is!

Back