• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gameing Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dozy Van

Registered
Ok this is something that has been wrong with my system from early on but only noticed it now.

With my HD 7970 I have been unable to play some games. The new Tomb Raider crashes on start up and Sleeping Dogs crashes very quickly into it.

I have gone through a quite a bit of googleing on this issue and found no solution. I was told to stop the audio output of my HDMI and when I went to sound I was surprised to find it like this:

Untitled_zpsc3818e67.png

I uninstalled one and that removed all the duplicates.

But I figured something out after going through all of this. One of the games I installed first onto my rig was Saints Row III. If I ran it in DirectX 10&11 mode it gave me the same issues that my other games are giving me but I compleated the game over a week running on DirectX9 no issues. When I checked here I saw that all of the games that I'm having issues with support DirectX11.
But Tomb Raider also supports DirectX9. My issue is that I can't get far enough into the game to change from what I think is the default of 11 to 9. To test out this Idea I would like to be able to uninstall DirectX11 in order to see but cant figure out how to do that.

Don't suppose anyone else has been having this issue?

Last edited:
Issue has been sorted. I had the latest drivers but not the latest Beta Drivers and they fixed my problem ^_^

Back