• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

games are not smooth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3mr0d

Registered
I feel like no matter how low the graphic setting are in bfbc2 the game feels like it stutters just a little bit like it's skipping frames or something. Fraps can show me a steady 60-70 fps. I also get kind of the same thing in Witcher 2.

temperatures:
http://i54.tinypic.com/ok93wp.jpg

It's newly built desktop:
win 7 x64
i7 2600k
asus p8z68-pro
8gb DDR3 g.skill 1600mhz cl7
radeon hd6950 2gb
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
WD 1T caviar black
antec 750w
coolermaster V8
LG 236v 60hz ips led

please help me guys..thanks!!!

Yup. Finally somebody else has this same issue.
After swapping out many a mobo, cpu, gpu, psu, and RAM I've discovered that there's some sort of weird bottleneck somewhere either in the IMC or in the CPU controller for the PCIE lanes which is why I will be jumping off the 1155 bandwaggon to either Bulldozer or Ivybridge.

The only way I found I could alleviate it (partially) was to plug the card in via NF200, which your board doesn't have.

So, basically, no there's nothing you can do. There's something screwy going on with 1155 graphically and you're the second person I know of to notice. :(
I've tried screwing with voltages for VCCIO VCCSA PCH etc etc to no avail as well.

And I've used your very same mobo and CPU combo and couldn't get it smooth..

It'll run Starcraft II and Flight Simulator X like butter though. As well as every Unrealengine3 game I've thrown at it.

Do you have HT on? If so try turning it off.
BFBC2 loves HT... I would imagine that to not be the issue with this game.

BFBC2 runs silky smooth for me, i7 920 to 2600k... GTX260 216 to 580. Add that to the fact it doesnt happen on every game, I would look somewhere else besides the platform for your issue TOCNoob. ;)

I have similar occasional stutters in Batman, Portal, TF2... What else could it be??
A couple thousand dollars I've spent would like to know :D. That other guy's couple thousand dollars would like to know also.

I dont know, but logic clearly dictates its not the platform...

1. ...if I dont have the issue and we have a similar setup
2. ...it doesnt happen on all games.

Try removing it, or at least putting in an exception for the game that's stuttering?

Back