• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

games are not smooth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This was quite a common prob
On a year or so ago. I can't remember all the issues but bfbc2 is still pretty buggy. Does this issue happen In Vietnam exPansiOn?

What temp ur mem cOntrollers at on ya gfx card? Could be throttling?

I know it sounds simple but....

I wanted to slap myself
Ok, so I thoroughly read all the posts on the other forum that you linked to and became increasingly depressed as my build and problems were identical. Some games ran super smooth while other choppy and basically unplayable with my enthusiast OCD.
My build:
Win 7 x64 ult
Asus sabertooth p67
16 gb corsair vengeance ddr3 1600
Core i7 2600k
Asus engtx 580 dcuii

The previous poster on the forum was right about the power source being the issue, but incorrect on how to solve it, at least in my case. I stumbled across this:
Make sure windows is configured to performance and not balanced or efficient.
Go to:
Control panel -> power settings and check the performance bubble (if it isn't showing when you get there look down and click to show hidden profiles and it should be there)
I'm assuming this why my old 9800gtx+ could run smooth with the two 6pin and the 580 couldnt with two 8 pins, windows was limiting the power consumption.
Please let me know if this solves your issues.

Are there any drivers you missed updating? The video card is obviously not one, but maybe the most recent BIOS, firmware and things like run-time libraries would be good to look into. I would turn any shadows off and see how that changes game play. It helped for GTA IV even though the game still sucked after the fact.

Back