• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming build 1500-1600$ Budget Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

incineratorz

Hi guys, I have ordered parts and built PCs for family members and friends and have enjoyed it. Now I'm building a gaming PC for my brother and he's kinda picky so here is the list of goals he wants me to do for 1600$ max tx inc :

1- Play every games out there at ultra with good-constant fps on 1080p

Pretty short list heh ? :p

Here is what I did so far

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ NCIX)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.95 @ Vuugo)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.79 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.97 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB Tri-X Video Card ($589.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case ($109.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.79 @ DirectCanada)
Total: $1502.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-22 13:54 EDT-0400

I want you guys to help me tweak the build so don'T hesitate to throw out some part upgrades suggestions.

Thank you very much

Looks good to me my man... not much I would change there for any really good reason outside of personal preference. :)

I would maybe up the memory to 1866/2133 CL9 if it is only a couple of dollars more.

Looks solid to me.

Small upgrades to consider would be:
- EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, it's simply a better PSU. (could also give you room for Crossfire later)
- Look at the G.SKILL Ares 1866 2x4GB CL9 RAM (it'll be a little faster, about the same price)
- An NH-D14 or NH-D15 instead of the 212 EVO if you think you'll want to push that i5 with a higher OC.

Looks good to me my man... not much I would change there for any really good reason outside of personal preference. :)

I would maybe up the memory to 1866/2133 CL9 if it is only a couple of dollars more.

Thanks man, i'll look it up

Looks solid to me.

Small upgrades to consider would be:
- EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, it's simply a better PSU. (could also give you room for Crossfire later)
- Look at the G.SKILL Ares 1866 2x4GB CL9 RAM (it'll be a little faster, about the same price)
- An NH-D14 or NH-D15 instead of the 212 EVO if you think you'll want to push that i5 with a higher OC.

yeah I have a nh-d14 on my i7-4770k currently at 4.6ghz stable on pi and other stress softs at solid temps.

I'll read on the nh-d15 and try to squeeze it into the build

thanks

yeah I have a nh-d14 on my i7-4770k currently at 4.6ghz stable on pi and other stress softs at solid temps.

I'll read on the nh-d15 and try to squeeze it into the build

thanks

If you're already used to Noctua's mounting system you'll be disappointed with Cooler Master's.

Just be sure to double-check heatsink height and what size the case can take.

I am Mobil

If you are near micro center you can save some cash

Enough to bump to an extreme 6 and vaporize the gpu or grab a dc2oc

Like ATM' kit and power better especially if he is going to pound on it

The 212 evo is a good "budget cooler". After owning mine for a while, I sincerely regret not just getting an nh-d14 or h100i. It's not incredibly well made and the mounting solution isn't that great. This is comparing it to a 75-100$ unit. For the 30 or so dollar price bracket it's pretty unbeatable though, but considering your budget, I'd make that change.

Back