• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Build QC please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Congrats on your CPU.

As for the Windows installation via USB, which I have done myself, it is fairly easy.

(Nope this is not me but do like this guys setups. Check out his videos of his racing setup etc. lol)

Hey Guys, sorry I delayed updating here. I got the PC built at the end of last week and have been playing with it. I have another thread in the Intel Motherboards that started with a BIOS question and has meandered into OC'ing advice.

The build went extremely well. After my first batch of benchmarks, I reseated my HSF because of temps. Temps came down, but they're still unreasonably high. The two screen of Prime and temps: 4.5 was stable, and temps seemed to be reasonable. When I tapped it to 1.3v and 4.6, I started going over 90C.

I'm really happy with my 3d Benchmark score. I ran Fire Storm (strike?).

Attachments

• rsz_20140627_221107[2].jpg
    rsz_20140627_221107[2].jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 16
  • rsz_20140629_101333[1].jpg
    rsz_20140629_101333[1].jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_test_mark_screen.jpg
    rsz_test_mark_screen.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_screen.jpg
    rsz_screen.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 17
The OC wasn't as robust and high as I was hoping for. I really wanted to push to 4.7 on air. I've glanced at a few of the other 4790k posts and it seems high temps with bumped Vcore isn't uncommon. I'm happy, I could just be happier. ;)
That being said, I'm not even sure if my settings are 100% perfect for this chip.

The OC wasn't as robust and high as I was hoping for. I really wanted to push to 4.7 on air. I've glanced at a few of the other 4790k posts and it seems high temps with bumped Vcore isn't uncommon. I'm happy, I could just be happier. ;)
That being said, I'm not even sure if my settings are 100% perfect for this chip.

I'll go check your other thread to see if I have any insight, didn't know it had changed from BIOS issues to OCing until now :)

That said, 4.5GHz is "average" for a 4770K, and it looks to be about the same for the 4790K thus far.
It takes all my Kraken will give my 4770K to keep it cool while benching in the upper 4.X range.

Gravitywell, because every chip/setup is different, the only real way to learn what works is by playing with it. You will learn a lot about your setup by benching and pushing on it, though just be smart and watch your temps and voltages.

Back