• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Mouse and Keyboard - Worth the money?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
failed to see the point really, what is the difference bewteen that and the stuff that I already have?

high end keyboards have bells and whistles
high end mice have faster, smoother, more precise tracking

Yeah faster and smoother by a few millisecs and smoother by an extra tiny percent. Precise tracking yeah, but that barely noticable. Yeah you think it is, but it's just cause it's a new mouse. It's impossible to noticed the minute change they give. It's like Video Cards that give us 100FPS, Do we need that much? No. Can we actually tell a difference between 50FPS and 100FPS? No. Sorry again don't mean to be a downer,but they seriously don't make that much of a difference in Real Life. Yeah on paper and on the Box the Specs look good. Well I better go I have Finals today and need to study alittle more.

many of the new mice are double the dpi of the previous generation. that is very noticeable.

lmao. I have used many different Mice. There is not a noticeable difference. Yeah you think so because it's a NEW mouse. That's why they have Mouse Sensitivity in games so you can change response time. I'll take my normal Logi and own 90-95% of people that would use an expensive high dpi mouse. But if it makes you feel better, then go for it. Like I said it's all just a Money making ploy. If you're good, you're good and if you're not, a $1000 mouse isn't going to help. Ok I'd done with this thread. Sorry didn't mean to come in here to argue.

I think this is like arguing if $5 golf balls and a $500 driver will help your golf game. After a certain point, it comes down to the user.

For a keyboard, I'd say most of the cost is bling.

I agree BPM that in most cases it all about the bling. I have a Saitek Eclipse Keyboard that I bought when it first came out and to be 100% honest it did nothing for my game. Other then being a purdy keyboard it fulfills no other role then that. But it sure looks cool in the dark! ;)

But there are reasons to buy a specialized mouse or keyboard. I spent years looking for a good mouse that fit my hand and felt solid while playing. I finally got my Razer Copperhead a couple months back and it's the best mouse I've ever had. Did it improve my game...probably not. But it does let me use a mouse in my left hand and it does allow me to play more as my hand a wrist are well supported by the size and shape of this particular mouse. YES!! Was it worth the extra cost...definately.

The same goes for my Wolf Claw keyboard, did it make me Uber..nope, but it's a very low impact keyboard, I do a lot less moving about when I play and that allows me to enjoy a longer game time. I can get through that long tournament without aquiring tendon strain across both my aging hands!

So if bought for the right reasons a high end keyboard or mouse can be more then well worth the cost. and they look cool to boot! :)

O.

well i tried the gs logitech mouse and it was kick *** and it had nice features sucha as add/remove wieghts for mouse wieght and there is mouse sensetivity for fps quik changeing for sniping and spraying worth the money.

Back