• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming PC upgrade! Opinions are much appreciated! ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noone9210

Hello Community! :)

It's my first time i post here so i'm sorry if this is not the right place for it.
I'm looking for some opinions on my gaming pc upgrade. This is my second time i'm building a pc, and the first time i got help. I'm kinda on my own now so i could use a opinion or two. ;)

My current pc spec:
Asrock z77 extreme4
OCZ-AGILITY3 SSD (120 GB)
ASUS EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 (AMD 6950 Crossfire setup)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 MHz
850W Corsair power supply
2x HDD 2TB IN ALL

My upgrade:

Corsair Graphite Series 230T
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 8 GB
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G (4 GB)
Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 MHz (Re-using this, and a upgrade is expensive and in my opinion a waste)
Asrock z77 extreme4 (Re-using this, and a upgrade is expensive and in my opinion a waste)
850W Corsair power supply
2x HDD 2TB IN ALL

I want to use my new setup for heavy games like fallout 4, farcry 4, Witcher 3, GTA 5 and so on.

I got a budget on 800-830 Dollars. That should cover the corsair kabinet, graphics, ram and ssd.

Is the above the best choices? I've crosschecked every pieces with several benchmarks and charts and I think this is the best setup for the budget.

I hope you can come with some usefull opinions.

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Mikael, DK

You don't need nearly that much PSU. Get an EVGA 550W SuperNova G2 if you're planning to change PSU's.
Speed and timings on the RAM?

Where are you buying from? (Country and/or website)

Well, i know i don't need that much W on my PSU for my new build, but it's a waste to buy a new one when i got one. It changes nothing regarding performance, m8b on my electrical bill. ;)

Oh, I was under the impression you were changing the power supply since it's listed in the "upgrade" section.

And again I ask:
Speed and timings on the RAM?
Where are you buying from? (Country and/or website)

Back