• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Win 7 vs Win 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wipeout

I don't own Windows 8, so most gaming is done on Win7/64 Bit. I still have need for a few games that run better on XP, but not so many. I really need opinion's on windows 7 vs 8 concerning games.

Outside of one issue I couldn't tell you a difference between 7 and 8 gaming. This is mostly on newer titles like tomb raider borderlands 2 crysis 3 etc.

The one issue I had was that poker night 2 on steam failed to launch under win8. Reinstalled and everything it just simply wouldn't work on win 8. The exact same install(my steam folder is on a separate drive) fires right up on windows 7. So there is clearly some small difference, but on the whole they perform the same.

Outside of one issue I couldn't tell you a difference between 7 and 8 gaming. This is mostly on newer titles like tomb raider borderlands 2 crysis 3 etc.

The one issue I had was that poker night 2 on steam failed to launch under win8. Reinstalled and everything it just simply wouldn't work on win 8. The exact same install(my steam folder is on a separate drive) fires right up on windows 7. So there is clearly some small difference, but on the whole they perform the same.

I had this same issue. It was due to having a my Logitech controller wireless usb dongle being plugged in. I would unplug your USB devices and give it another try.

As far as Windows 7 vs 8, I have only had issues with Poker Night 2. Every other game worked great, or issues were occurring on both OS.

Back