• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 177.92 Beta-Driver up to 15% faster + physx driver v8.08.18

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uninstall the previous driver...reboot....install new driver...reboot...go back to what I was doing

+1

That's exactly how I do it as well.

I also installled the 177.92 drivers and have had great success with them. Turning on physics acceleration was a lot of fun in UT3. Also Nvidia has a UT3 physX mod for anyone with UT3, offer 3 different maps that have object that break more realistic. UT3 Mod

Interesting! Does anyone know how these compare to the 177.83 physx drivers? I just installed those on my xp boot last week. I'm still running a different driver under vista 64, 177.79 I believe.

Nvidia is going nuts with all the drivers lately :p

Going from 175.16 or something I went from 120 fps in Gmod / Hl2 to around 150 fps

3dmark06 score around the same - 200 points increase or so
Vantage went up 50 points

Downloading

As I see it is, free Ageia for nVidia owners & Ageia physx card owners... owned

Last edited:
not sure, but i know when nvidia release big bang II which is 180.xx drivers it will have opengl 3.0 and allow multi monitors for sli :) with more performance gains

but i think im going to pick up a 4870 instead of 4850 not sure yet :p i just want to try ati again :) but i do love my 8800GT

redrummy....you could win a set of 4870s here if you enter the OCF Benching contest

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=575982

Jedi Knight II is the only one I tried with this driver. The other 177.xx driver did the same on AvP2, SoF II, and Q3.

Should I have waited on my purchase of a 260 for the 55nm version or does it just not make that much of a difference?

Anybody care to take a shot in the dark as to when this or an iteration of this driver will go WHQL gold?

The price better reflect on the smaller die.... Smaller die, smaller price?

It'll probably the same price as the 260 and 280 are now just with higher clock speeds to justify it. Essentially they're just overclocked versions of the cards already out - like the overclocked versions of the 9800 GTXs matching the speeds of the GTX+ and they should overclock better than the 65nm versions.

Installed them on my machine last night -- 3DMark06 and 3DMark05 both went up about 125 pts. Haven't done any game testing yet.

i cannot get SLi to enable with these drivers at all...idk what im doing wrong.
the option isnt even displayed in the Nvidia Control Panel

Back